The highly versatile nailer that does not only join two pieces of wood together but also does a lot for the large and unsightly holes which require a lot of feeling. Brad nailer is exactly that type of nailer that can use for different types of moldings, trimming, cabinetry, and a large variety of home projects.
Generally, when you want to update anything in your house, you definitely need this versatile gun. To meet your projects, you need a perfect and best brad nailer. There are lots of convenient and versatile brad nailers in the market, but before purchasing the right gun, you have to know about what is a brad nailer?
Among different types of finish nailers, a brad nailer is one of them which can fire 18 gauge finish nails, sometimes can use smallest nails like 5/8 to 2 1/8 inches length. These smallest and tiny sizes of nails are almost invisible, and you must like to use these more. I am sure that there are more than dozens of places inside your home where you can find it.
Sometimes you will be very confused to find out the perfect nail gun for you. If you want to keep this highly versatile tool with your toolbox, this guide that I am showing below is helpful for you. Here I have listed down the top 11 models with their positive and negative factors; from here, you can find out the right one for you.
Best Brad Nailer Reviews
Now let’s try to find out what is the best brad nailer from this review-
1. WEN 61720:
The impressive and the perfect companion tool for any job site in the WEN 61720. With the simplistic design, this brad nail gun can meet your desire. This WEN 18 Gauge Brad nailer can effortlessly shoot the brad anywhere in your house. Don’t think anymore, just plugging with the air compressor and start your nailing job.
Brad size: This WEN can shoot brads anywhere in your house from 3/4 to 2 inches in size. This nailer tries to shoot two nails at a time.
Weight: The weight of this aluminum tool has only 3 pounds. At the same time, it has a nice rubber grip and stable performance.
Operating system: This WEN Brad Nailer can operate at anywhere from 60 to 100 PSI at the same time with a 1/4 inch NPT air inlet fitting system.
Magazine: This reliable tool has a large magazine that can carry near about 100 brads when the quick-release design makes jam clearing a breeze.
What I like about it:
- One year warranty.
- It is an inexpensive nailer.
- The convenient tool includes oil, a custom carrying case, and adjustment wrenches.
- Comfortable for use.
- Easy to maintain.
- It is one of the lightweight tools on my list.
What needs to be improved:
- The power of this tool is limited
- The jamming of this device is occasional, but it has a quick-release mechanism that can solve the problem.
- The problem arises when it shoots two nails at a time.
2. Hitachi NT50AE2
When you are interested in doing a large scale and various kinds of works with different mechanisms tools, then this tool is the best tool for you. Hitachi NT50AE2 is one of the great tools from my top choice list. This handheld tool designed for carpentry uses.
Features: For the carpenter use, and if you are a homeowner and want to use a nailer occasionally, then this is what you want. The features are-
Dual firing option: You can control the device easily with your hand. You can use this device for irregular and continuous firing. Irregular firing is perfect for the job that needs accurate driving; on the other hand, continuous firing can force the fire nails at a rapid speed, which is not helpful for you to do the job correctly.
Adjustable depth: This Brad Hitachi NT50AE2 nailer comes with an adjustable depth knob that can drive the nails to increase the accuracy of the job. This knob located near the nose of this device.
Has a comfortable elastomer grip: This tool has a comfortable elastomer grip, which can help you to reduce hand fatigue after working a long time.
An adjustable exhaust ven: This device has a 360-degree adjustable exhaust van.
High capacity magazine: For further use, the HITACHI NT50AE2 has a high capacity magazine which designed for easy and quick loading of 5/8-2 inch brad nails with the head sizes near 0.075 and 1.9 mm. The magazine has a capacity of almost 100 brad nails so that you can work for a long time.
Comfortable and efficient design: The aluminum body of this tool measures 10 x 9-3/16 x 2-3/8 inches (LxHxW)), so it’s easy to move. The soft elastomer grip of this device is user-friendly for all day long job.
What I like:
- It has a lightweight device. The weight is only 2.2 pounds.
- The total weight of the Hitachi is just 2.2 pounds.
- This device has a visual nail indicator.
- The NT50AE2 requires 70-120 psi operating pressure for operating the device accurately.
- It has a five-year limited warranty.
- Versatile fire mechanism.
- Very well balanced mechanism device.
- It has to shoot straight.
What needs to be improved:
- This device cannot shoot at an angle. Always shoot straight. Otherwise, it cannot work.
3. Dewalt dwfp12231 18-gauge Brad Nailer
With many strong, attractive qualities, you can choose the DEWALT from my top listed products. The reliable performance of this nailer can make the tool more popular in the recent market. And if you buy this product, you can live without tension for the next few years.
Features: This Dewalt DWFP12231 deserve the third position of my list for the following features-
- Maintainance free motor: This Dewalt has a long-life maintenance-free motor from staining the work surface.
- Length of brad nails: This device has to contain brad nails, and the ranges are between 5/8 and 2 inches long. Many woodworkers use this length for most of their projects.
- Adjusting the nail depth: You can change the nail depth easily without any other tool.
- Adjustable belt hook: This tool has an adjustable belt hook that can allow the device near to the user.
What I like:
- This device can never stain your workpiece.
- The body of this Dewalt is lightweight and strong.
- Without any tool, you can clean the jam.
- Very comfortable rubber grip.
- The weight is about 5.15 pounds.
- Three years of limited warranty.
- The Dewalt DWFP12231 has a sequential style trigger.
- The operating pressure of this tool is about 70 – 120 psi.
What needs to be improved:
No tools are 100 percent perfect; the same things are applicable for this tool. It ha some design issues, like the piston sealer rings sometimes develop cracks. But it doesn’t happen all the time. We genuinely want that it shouldn’t happen again.
4. PORTER-CABLE PCC790LA
The 100% battery-powered nailer the PORTER-CABLE 20V is very popular, and my top listed product. Finding the best brad nailer from this list is not that easy task at all. This pretty good tool is friendly to drain the compressor and hoses.
Like other tools, portability and convenience is our main concern, so here the Porter-Cable must impress you a lot. The Porter-Cable have-
- Battery: This 100% battery-powered nail gun uses a 1.5 Ah 20 Volts max lithium-ion battery, which can deliver long run times.
- Design: This tool is designing with a strong body with a nice rubberized user-friendly handle.
- Compressor: Due to the battery-powered tool, compressor, hose, or expensive gas cartridges are not using here.
- Driving depth: This tool has a consistent driving depth capacity; the depth adjustment wheel allows you to drive nails consistently. Nail Diameter is 18 gauge.
- Long time performance: With the help of a tool-free release lever, depth adjustment wheel and jam release can make your life easier and also give the device long time performance capacity.
What we like:
- This tool ensures consistent driving depths with the depth adjustment wheel.
- It is a top-quality cordless nail gun.
- 3 years limited warranty.
- The optimal center of gravity of this Porter-Cable can provide user comfort in different positions and, at the same time, reduce user fatigue.
- The fastener length capacity of this device is 5/8″ – 2″.
- It has a trigger lock.
- The magazine capacity is 100.
- Like the fewer device, this tool comes with a LED light.
- The weight is just 5.9 lbs.
What needs to improve:
- After firing one nail, this porter cable needs a second more to shoot the next nail. So this nailer is quite slow compared with other guns.
- Weight is a little bit more than other brad nail gun.
5. BOSTITCH BTFP12233
After comparing with other products, if you want to do your job more precisely, then the Bostitch Nil Gun is the top choice product from my list. The Smart Point Technology of this BOSTITCH (BTFP12233) can differ from others.
Features: The brad nailer for the money for you is nothing but the Bostitch. We can make this tool different from other devices because of,
- Oil-free operating system: Due to the oil-free operating system, this brad nailer ensures that no need to worry about staining your valuable workpieces.
- Dial-a-depth control: This is another feature of this device that can allow for doing the job correctly so that the nails can go as deep as you want to.
- Trigger: The selectable trigger of this device can choose between the contact and sequential nailing.
- Little or no Jam: This Bostitch has very little or no jam. It can be burry the brad inside the wood very well, whether the wood is hard or soft. This tool also has a jam release mechanism. With these mechanisms, you can remove the nails easily.
- Magazine: You can load the magazine very quickly. There is no chance of misfiring the brad nails.
What we like:
- This device also allows for tool-free jam release.
- The drivers of the nailer have 18 GA Brad Nails from 5/8″ to 2-1/8″ length.
- The tool has a rear exhaust vent that can help this device to keep unnecessary elements away from your workpiece and face.
- With a weight of 3.1 lbs, you can work all day long comfortably.
- You can replace the nail easily.
- The tool Bostitch has precise and useful depth control capacity.
- This device has a rear exhaust system.
- You can place the nail easily.
- The trigger system is selectable.
- The exhaust design of this tool is rear.
What we don’t like:
This device has no dry- fire mechanisms.
6. PORTER-CABLE BN200C
If you like to get something different from the other nailer than the Porter-Cable BN200C is the perfect choice for you. This is one of my top listed products, and it’s the right combination between cost and functionality. Moreover, this brad nailer can meet your desire accurately.
- Maintenance-free motor: The long life and maintenance-free motor of this Porter-Cable can keep the work surface from staining. That means you don’t need any oil to maintain this device.
- Design: The reliable device like the Porter-Cable BN200C 18GA 2-Inch Brad Nailer Kit has a magnesium body that delivers a lightweight design.
- Rubber grip: For comfortable use, this Porter-Cable has an integrated rubber grip.
- Low nail reloads indicator: The leading equipment of this device is a low nail reload indicator. It will help to alert when to recharge.
- Kit includes: This tool has a Nailer, ¼ fitting, carrying case, and also owners manual.
- Firing system: For doing the fire properly, you need to set the compressor to a pressure range, which is 70 to 120 PSI. This range will vary depending on how much force you need. After providing the pressure within that range, then you can fire.
- Adjustable belt hook: Another vital addition is an adjustable belt hook system. This hook will help you to hang it easily and safely, which is using the nailer attached with the tool belt.
What we like:
- Medium price ranges product.
- This tool has a removable non-marring nose tip.
- This tool has a specially hardened driver blade for last a long life.
- This powerful and easy to use tool drives 18 gauge nails which has 5/8-Inch to 2-Inch length.
- For a secure nail removal system, this brad has a tool-free jam release mechanism.
- The body of this device is powerful and lightweight. The weight is 2.6lbs.
- You can see a handy carrying case with this tool.
- The Portable has a single feature.
- The pressure range will set most of the time in the middle, preferably at 100 PSI.
- This tool has a soft removal non-marring tip.
What is needed to be improved:
- This device comes with a low nail reload indicator; I think if the tool has an anti-dry fire mechanism which can prevent it from firing in the first place if there are no nails in the magazine.
- Considering this negative side of this tool, it can perform nicely and meet your desire as well.
7. Makita AF505N
Do you use Makita before? If the answer is no, then you must try the device. You can definitely take a chance to use this device, and I am sure this device will satisfy you. Makita is one of the branded product with lots of excellent quality features.
The convenience, precision, and accuracy of all this good quality make this Makita AF505N different from other top choice products.
Let us see why this tool is the best choice for us-
Narrow nose design: Due to the narrow nose design, you can easily place the nail exactly where you want to.
Tool-less dial system: This Makita comes with a tool-less dial system for adjusting the depth, which can help to deliver an excellent finishing job.
Unique trigger: This power tool Makita comes with a selective actuation on the trigger that can allow for either contact or sequential nailing.
Convenient tool: Due to the tool hook of MAKITA, you can ultimately use this very quickly and conveniently.
Ergonomic and comfortable: With the simple design of this powerful tool, you can easily extract a jammed nail from any surface. And at the same time, the ergonomic non-slip rubber grip fixed on the handle can help to maintain a secure hold and comfort during use.
Reliable and durable device: The durable and reliable features of the MAKITA AF505N can give stunning driver power and rapid response during the job. With the help of this powerful tool, you can efficiently finish the toughest job with minimum manual effort.
What we like:
- Quick and easy nailing system.
- It allows for easy tool-less jam release.
- Tool hook of Makita can rotate 180° angle
- Cast and machined nose piece of this powerful tool are using for precision contact.
- It has a dual nail reload indicator.
- The unique multi-directional exhaust port rotates 360° to direct exhaust air away from the user
- Magazine capacity is almost 100 nails.
- This tool can drive a range of 18 gauge brad nails, from 5/8″ to 2″, and also suitable for both hard or softwood applications.
- This device is perfect for trim work, crown molding installation, baseboard and flooring, and other woodworking projects.
What is need to be improved:
This long-lasting and high-quality Makita is not that much good for toenailing. Besides this, this nailer can serve anyone for a long time.
8. NuMax S2-118G2
If you still using a hammer or a hand stapler or want to buy two different nailers for brading nails and narrow crown staples, then this is the perfect time for you to chose such a type of nailer, which can meet both of your needs. So, nothing but the 2- in- 1 nailer like the NuMax S2-118G2 Pneumatic 2-in-1 18-Gauge 2″ Brad Nailer is for you.
- Versatile tool: This is a highly handy tool due to both use of staples and nails. This nailer can use both– 18 gauge brad nails and 18 gauge 1/4″ narrow crown staples. Nu Max can accommodate nails, and the ranges are from 3/8″ to 2″, and the staples ranging from 1/2″ to 1-5/8″.
- Depth adjustment: The depth adjustment feature of this device allow us to do various kinds of applications.
- Perfect tool: This device committed to providing extraordinary value. And also long-lasting capacity and excellent customer service. We always need the nailer and the staple at a time for different purposes, from roofing to siding the flooring.
- Quality and durability: There are lots of durable materials using inside this tool under strong quality control guidelines. Suitable for professional uses.
- Dependable and tough: These tools arrange durable construction tools and accessories. The Nu Max has staplers and nailers for siding, framing, flooring, and roofing and finishing better than other devices.
What we like :
- This tool can save a lot of cash.
- Nu Max is useful for a wide range of projects, where operating pressure is from 60-110 PSI.
- This 2- in -1 tool has lightweight.
- With the help of this tool, you can do trimming, light wire fencing, picture frames, baseboards, crates, cabinetry, window casings, and lots of other projects you can wish.
- This device has a 1-year limited warranty.
- It has an air tool oil.
- It does not damage the worksurfaces.
- This powerful 2-in- 1 device has a durable die-cast aluminum body.
- Very affordable.
What needs to be changed:
This right choice and the top choice tool is not suitable for the heavy-duty purpose.
9. MProve Heavy Duty 18-Guage Electro-Galvanized Brad Nails
The high performing and highly affordable nailer that you can find out from my top list is the MProve Heavy Duty brad nailer.
Since 2011, this MProve can efficiently complete its duty with the latest professionals and also with their ongoing growth. This device can also meet industrial and residential requirements. I think this top-ranked product can provide the best service and this one is the right choice for you.
- Weight: This pneumatic brad nailer’s total weight is just 2.1 pounds. This power tool is one of the lightest tool of our list, and it even a very well-balanced device that can makes it an excellent tool for extended use.
- Non- slip rubber grip: With the help of a non-slip rubber grip, you can use it comfortably.
- Perfect for workpieces: This power tool is great for molding and decorative trim, window beading, furniture trim, blind pinning of upholstered and trim panels, scribe molding, cabinets, drawers, and picture frame assembly.
- High durability: The MProve has a galvanized finish for more excellent rust resistance and also a fewer too jams for more beautiful carpentry and finishing work.
- Measure: This tool contains 1-1/4in (32mm) nails made ford durable 18-gauge electro-galvanized nail that comes in a 5,000 per box.
What we like it:
- This product is not always expensive.
- A plastic trigger of this device is for easy control when you are doing some fast nailing.
- It has a t- shaped head design.
- This power tool has a reload nail indicator.
- Highly affordable product.
What needs to change:
For straight nailing, this device is excellent, but for angle nailing, this MProve cannot work well.
10. Freeman PBR50Q
If you are a professional and want to do a carpenter job correctly, then this top listed product is the final choice for you. Besides the professional job, it can do home improvement and repair jobs as well.
- Design: This air-powered nail gun designed for finishing work such as decorative trim, furniture trim, cabinetry, molding, window casings, picture frame assembly, and at the same time for making hobbies and crafts.
- Depth adjustment: The depth adjustment feature is for use with different applications. The depth adjustment feature is not available on this gun itself, so the only way to adjust with this is to use air pressure, but this is a hit-and-miss arrangement of this tool
- Quick-release design: The quick-release design of this power tool is suitable for easy access to clear jams, dual spring magazine, reversible belt hook, and reload indicator.
- Quality and durability: Freeman made with the most durable materials under strict quality control guidelines. Also suitable for professional contractors.
What we like:
- This device is very lightweight.
- Maintaining the proper safety tips, you can avoid damaging the work surface.
- This Freeman has safety goggles, air tool oil, and adjustment tools.
- Seven years warranty.
- This tool has a reversible belt hook.
What we don’t:
- There is no nose pads arrangement of this tool.
- The Freeman has no dry- fire lockout at all.
- This device used to leaves dents in the wood.
11. Senco FinishPro 18
I cannot complete this article without telling you about the ultimate and powerful tool from my top list. This is nothing but the Senco Finish Pro 18 18 gauge pneumatic brad nailer. The powerful Senco FinishPro 18 18-Gauge Brad Nailer can tackle a wide variety of severe renovation, crafting jobs, or home improvement projects.
Efficient for hardwood applications: The FinishPro 18 brad nail can operate at a pressure of 70 to 120 PSI and also has the power of driving quickly, measuring up to two inches in hardwood applications. The device is ideal for working with baseboards, chair rail, and cabinets.
User friendly: The device has an easy-open latch for more efficient and quicker loading. A no-mar pad to prevent scratches, nicks, or other wear and tear from avoiding the damage of your work surface and materials.
Secure and comfortable grip: The Senco has a safe and comfortable grip to guard against slipping. The FinishPro 18 always can fit comfortably in your hand for all-day control.
Versatile and convenient operation: When you are doing your job, the FinishPro’s user-friendly features can provide dependable versatility and at the same time flexibility. For a comfortable side load magazine and also a low load indicator ensures that you can complete every job without any interruptions.
A belt hook: With the help of a belt hook, you can hang the device with the belt where you want to operate your work.while a rear bumper offers an additional layer of protection for your work surface.
What we like it:
- The nailer can enjoy with a 110-nail capacity, allowing you to work longer with fewer stops for reloading the device.
- The weight of this tool is just 2.9 pounds.
- Sometimes the rear bumper offers an additional layer of protection for your work surface.
<li “=”” style=”text-align: justify;” tve-droppable”=””>This tool has a limited one year warranty. <li “=”” style=”text-align: justify;” tve-droppable”=””>The FinishPro comes with a hex wrench, fitting, oil, and a nice case.
What needs to improve:
- This model most made of cheap plastic.
- It Jams most of the time, and the grip is uncomfortable so that you cannot perform your job comfortably.
The above review will very helpful for the buyer to buy the perfect tool from my top listed products. But besides the features, we have to focus on some other elements before purchase our desire products. We always make a perfect balance between the cost of that product and also the power of that product.
All the tools are handy based on different features. I am here to give you some necessary guidelines that you should follow before buying your chosen product.
Battery-powered tool: When you use a battery power nailer, you don’t need any compressor or air hose around your working area. Due to the battery, this tool is very easy to use and portable. You can fit this device in a small place also. Because of the weight of the battery, this tool is heavier than air-powered tools.
Besides the positive side of the battery power tool, the main demerits are that you cannot work for a long time due to the charge of the battery. You have to carry an extra battery and charger with you when you are performing your job. This will need additional expenses for you.
Air-powered tool: An air compressor and a hose need to operate the air-powered tools. If you have any air compressor in your home, that’s great, which will save lots of money. But if you don’t, you have to spend extra money on buying a new compressor.
The lightweight feature of this air-powered tools can operate smoothly and hold comfortably. But the air hose using for running these tools is a bit dangerous when climbing the stairs or ladders.
Depth of drive: All the brad nailer that I have already placed on my top list, have an automatic depth of drive. The drive can adjust how far or near the brad can go. It depends on the hardness or softness of the wood. You need to change the depth of the drive to sunk the nail at the right level.
Different tools have different types of depth controlling system like some has buttons or the other has switch or dials.
Storage case: Storage case is not the necessary additional tools if you get a storage case with your device, that will be a bonus for you. Otherwise, you have to use it daily. With the help of the storage case, you can quickly and safely take your tool from one place to another.
Easy to clear jams: Jams will frequently happen inside every brad nailer. But some tools can create jam more than other devices. So, before purchasing the right equipment, see the features that I have already shown you.
LED lights: If your tool has extra LED light, it’s excellent for you. When you work in a tight place, you can get a clear view of where you are nailing. So, go through the review article, and you can find out which tool has this LED light.
Dry lockout: When there are only a few nails left in the magazine, at that time, this feature can stop the nailer from firing. This process will prevent you from ever shooting blanks, which can damage the tools. Inside the tools, there is some kind of window that indicates how many nails left inside the magazine. By seeing this, you can reload again.
Nose size: Identifying the nose size is very important because when the brad nails end, you must realize before half an inch off. To get the accurate finishing, the length and the diameter of the nose is significant. If the nose is small, you can fix it in an exact spot. If the brad nose is large, it will be difficult for you to fixe it in the right place.
Trigger type: Trigger type is an essential factor among all the elements. It can affect the nailing speed of the device. When you want to purchase a brad nailer, you must look at this feature very carefully.
Sequential and bump, these are the two types of the trigger of a nailer. During using the sequential trigger, you must compress the nose, but this process will make the tools slower. Generally, This trigger type can give a more accurate result.
On the other hand, you can get faster nailing by using the bump trigger. This trigger feature is appropriate for mass production projects, but you cannot get accurate results.
Price: When we buy any product, we must think about the price in our mind. The same thing happens while purchasing the perfect brand nailer.
Brad nailer comes with different types of prices, according to the model, brand, and kind. So, before purchasing the right one, see the features carefully, and then spend your money. And remember one thing that high ranges of products is not always meet your needs.
Warranty: Warranty is a very major factor that we see while purchasing anything. It gives the customer the guarantee or the promise of that product that the customer needs. When any product comes with a warranty, then we see how long this warranty is given. How long will the customer be cover from defects?
This warranty or guarantee varies from brand to brand. Must read the warranty related papers carefully before purchasing your desire one.
Without a brad nail gun, you cannot complete your household projects correctly. And finding out the best brad nail gun is a stressful job as well. These guidelines will show you the right path to find out the best product according to your needs. And from the above review article, you can search which device is suitable for you by seeing the features and other pros and cons.
If you have my article with you and follow all the features properly, then I am sure you will get the best worthwhile electric instrument like Brad nail gun from my top list without any hesitation.
Which NAIL GUN Should You BUY
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a brad nailer?
The brad nailer is a specific type of nail gun designed to nail the wooden structure for trimming, molding, cabinetry, and a variety of home projects and hobbies. This particular gun used to fire brads, which are naturally an 18 –gauged thin nail that ranges from 5/8 to 2-inches in length, which is ideal for binding lightweight wood trim. This nailer is suitable for shorter wood projects and can do a more accurate job.
What is the difference between a brad nailer and a finish nailer?
Actually, these two nailers are doing almost the same task. But a little difference we can see that indicating in the name, finish nailer are using at the end of the projects. However, these two nailers have some specific uses and rules. Let us see the differences between these two nailers-
- Brad nailer can shoot 18 gauges of nails, where finish nailer can use 15 or 16 gauges of nails.
- Without splitting the trims, 18 gauges nails can attach trims. On the other hand, the finish nail can drive thicker nails and offering enough holding strength.
- Without using any putty, you can attach thin trim and molding. Besides this, a finishing nail gun is using in different woodworking projects and need to use the putty to hole.
- The hole size of the brad nailer is almost 0.0475 inches, whereas, for the finish nailer, the hole size is Up to 0.0720inches.
- The holding power of the brad nail gun is less; on the other hand, a finish nail gun can work with more control on plywood.
- So, from the above discussion, we can see that both the nail gun is useful for our carpentry and woodworking projects.
What are the qualities of a good brad nailer?
A perfect nail gun is capable of doing a large number of projects accurately and with less impact on the materials that you are working with. At the same time, you can work with less effort and need minimum maintenance power for working with a good brad nail gun.
Brad nailer is one of the best tools on your toolbox that you need to buy for saving your essential time and energy. The excellent quality of a brad nailer is-
- A good nail gun has an adjustable exhaust system.
- This tool has the ability to shoot a wide variety of brad length.
- A perfect quality nailer has a depth adjuster.
- It has a comparatively smaller size of tip for tight corners.
- Clear the sidelines from where the brads come out.
- A good brad nailer has a comfortable handle to grip.
- Lightweight that you can move quickly from one place to another.
- Has a dry- fire lockout to prevent nail gun from firing after firing the last brad.
So, all these are the qualities of a good and perfect brad nailgun.
How do you use a brad nailer?
While using a brad nailer, we have to maintain some steps for getting the actual results.
The steps are –
- Load most of the brad nails and engage the side release.
- Slowly pool back the magazine slide.
- Now, you have to insert the brads pointy end down.
- There are different canal for different sizes of brads; make sure that the brad head is in perfect canal position.
- Now, close the nail slide and try to click the gun in the exact place.
- At that time, you must attach the air hose with the air intel.
- Now turn the adjustable exhaust away from your face.
- Now, this is the time to hold the perfect trim place and put the tip where you want to do your nailing job.
- This is the time to press the gun into the wooden surface.
- Last of all, pull the trigger out.
What are the uses of a brad and finish nailers?
You know that brad nail guns and finish nail guns are not doing the same job. They are performing for different types of activities related to woodworking projects.
Now I am discussing the uses of brad and finish nailer-
Trim work: Brad nailer can perform excellently for doing the lightweight trimming and molding job.
For the baseboard: You can use 1 ½ inch long nails with 18-gauge brad nailer for installing baseboards for getting the best results.
When you see that the baseboard is large and heavy, you must use the finish nail gun for the best result.
Hardwood floor: Flooring nail guns are the best option for finishing the floor job. However, In my experience, a 15 gauge nail gun is more appropriate for this job. A brad nail gun is not suitable for the tough wooden job.
Crown molding: Basically, molds are lightweight, and brad nail gun is perfect for this lightweight job. But an extensive crown molding is a little more massive, so I recommended here to use finish nailer for extensive crown molding.
Shiplap installation: More shiplap installation projects finished with the help of finish nailer, Brad nailer is not suitable for this purpose.
Quarter round and shoe molding: You can see that 23 gauge pinner and 18 gauge brad nailers are the best choices for the quarter round job. And for shoe molding, here also you can use the brad nailer with 1-1/2 long nails for perfect finishing.Are Cordless Brad Nailers any good?
Cordless lain gun is heavier than the other types of the brad nail gun. Inside this tool, there are battery, motor, and electronics parts that make the device more powerful and efficient. In recent days we don’t use any air hose or air compressor where we want to install the 18 gauge nail gun. Just use the battery and make the setup complete. For driving the brad inside the sturdy hardwood, trim moldings, and veneered plywood, the cordless nail gun is ideal. But only one thing you need to keep in mind that you have to carry enough battery while using this cordless nail gun and also the charger because only one battery cannot support you for the log time job.
For the pneumatic nailer, how much oil should I use during a nailing job?
You have to use only two or three drops of oil daily for the best performance. But if you need to use the device for a long time with high speed, you must add 2 or 3 drops of oil again for the second half of that day. When you use too much oil, it will not damage your tool but can create skipping problems.
How can I clear the nail jam from the pneumatic tool?
Ans: Jam can lodged between the nose and the driver. Jam varies from tool to tool and design to design. There is no perfect scientific system to clear the jam. You can remove most of the jam by pushing the driver back up from the tool. Here I am trying to show you the whole process step by step-
- First, you have to disconnect your device from the air supply.
- Then push the drivers upwards.
- After that past the jammed quickly while fixing the punch at the tip of the driver of the nose.
- And last, of all, tap the hammer against the punch.
By following the above steps, you can release the jam from your essential brad nailer and then start your job again.
How much is air pressure safe for the pneumatic brad nailer during nailing job?
Every tool has maximum and minimum levels of tolerance. Too much air pressure is not good for internal safety; it may damage your device if you give too much air pressure frequently. For the best performance and the extended service life, you have to provide an average air pressure during the job—depending on the density of the material, you can provide the air pressure of the device.
What is the ideal compressor for a nailer?
Depending on the air consumption of a tool, which compressor you need to use for your device. While small staplers need 0.4 lt. for every shot at 6 bars (90 psi), on the other hand, big nailer requires more than 2 liters. Depending on the cycle speed, you need to change the power of the compressor. Usually, for a small device, a 25 lt. A compressor is necessary and for the big nail gun a 50 lt. Compressor required.
The most important thing is that the power (HP) of the compressor. If the compressor carries a big air tank but equipped with a small engine, it needs to run most of the time to reach the exact pressure level. On the other hand, a high powered compressor needs less time to refill the tank again.
More or less, you have to do different types of home improvement work on your own. And at the same time, the professionals and the carpenters need this daily. So, without a Brad nail gun, you cannot finish your job like door casing, fixing windows, or making cabinets.
By the way, to find the best brad nailer is a tough job for us. So, I can ensure that this article will show you the right path to find out the exact brad nailer that you want to buy according to your requirements. Considering lots of features above the article, you can get your desire one.
Last update on 2022-06-23 at 09:15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API