Best Circular Saw – reviews and Buying Guide 2019
After long research, we make a review guide of the best circular saw available in the market today. Here you can get a detail of a no. of the circular saw. And we sure after complete this review, you will able to make the decision to buy a new circular saw suit to your requirements.
10 Best Circular Saw comparison Table
After long research, we make a comparison table of 10 top-rated circular saws available in the market with their best performance. This table will help you to get an overview of your desire.
Top 15 Circular Saw Reviews
The circular saw is the most essential and portable tool for any handyman, requires to cut the wood. With it, you can build anything from dicks to tree houses.
In the market, you get both hand-held and electric circular saw. This machine is normally designed for cutting wood but can be able to cut other materials with the blade.
There are different types of a circular saw. Some are left-handed, some right-handed. It depends on the side of the blade where the motor attached. You can select any one of them as your needs.
If you search for a suitable circular saw for your future projects, check our reviews.
DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Circular Saw
A circular saw is an essential tool to meet up the needs of a craftsman. If you want a powerful portable circular saw, then go with DEWALT DCS391B circular saw.
The DEWALT DCS391B can able to make the most demanding cut with ease, due to its powerful speed of cutting. It has 5250 RPM (revolutions per minute) that offers to cut metal, wood, plastic, or any other materials. The blade changing process is easy than other circular saw. A blade lock button provides a super control on work.
For its rubber molded grip, you can cut your workpiece with an optimal balance. DEWALT DCS391B 20V saw has a magnesium shoe that gives long time durability.
- It is a cordless bare tool with 20V lithium-ion.
- It has a 460 MWO motor with 5, 150 RPM to attend the challenging cut.
- High strength and lightweight magnesium shoe make it more durable.
- It can bevel up to 500 to reach a multitude of application.
- Rubber over-molded comfort grip offers an optimal balance and control.
- A 6.5” carbide-tipped blade can cut work stock two times at 90and 45 degrees.
- It can cut the workpiece 1-5/8” deep at 450 and 2-1/4” deep at 90 degrees.
- DCS391 6.5” circular blade included with it.
- Battery and charger are separately supplied with it.
- 3-yr limited warranty offer by DEWALT.
- Small and lightweight.
- Absorb high stress of work.
- Highly powerful motor.
- Offer safety of the workman.
- Powerful carbide blade.
- Portable and can store after use.
- Battery and charger are not included. Need to buy separately.
With DEWALT DCS391B review, we see that the saw provide a successful ending of work for any professional woodworkers, DIY-ers, hobbyist, or homeowners.
You also like its plastic case feature. Its 20V max battery provides enough power to cut more accurately. We also found that the DEWALT offer 1-yr free service and 30-day money back guarantee. This facility ensures your best investment for the circular saw.
DEWALT DWE575SB 7-1/4” Light-weight Circular Saw with Electric Brake
The DEWALT manufacture a no. of a circular saw. DEWALT DWA575SB is one of the best portables and lightweight circular saw. This is manufactured in China and meets all the customer's requisites.
This lightweight circular saw is perfect for framers, concrete formers, general contractors, and remodelers. With it, large no. of tasks can be completed ranging from framing walls to cutting plywood, siding, exterior finishing and more.
The DEWALT DCS575 SB manual gives easy instructions for the beginner. Though it is a small saw but able to create a high power to cut a variety of materials.
- Small and lightweight, only 8.8 Ibs and 7.2” in width.
- 15 amp motor to produce high power, to perform with 1950 MWO and 5100 RPM.
- Can bevels up to 570 with positive stops at 45 and 22.5 degrees.
- Its electric brake helps to stop the blade with trigger release.
- A ball bearing lower guard prevents dust contamination to increase efficiency.
- The high blade sealed with aluminum shoe increase durability of the base, to give accurate cutting.
- Advanced lower guard geometry with dust blower offers the cleanliness of sight line at the time of cutting.
- A patented strong cord protection system make easy pull out of the cord.
- On-board blade wrench storage allows easy change of the blade and easy storage.
- A handy carrying case increases the portability.
- A 29/16” depth cut capacity offers a variety of applications.
- A 7-1/4” circular saw, 7-1/4” carbide-tipped circular saw blade, blade wrench, user instruction manual, contractor bag are included with it.
- Small but powerful.
- Highly portable.
- Well-balanced speed.
- Controlled cutting capacity.
- More durable.
- Little tough to control electric brake.
With DEWALT DCS575SB review, we found this circular saw as the most efficient popular one. You can choose it for your next project. Because its cord pull-out system with ergonomic handles and trigger ensures the resistance 3 times more than other circular saw. And the electric brake helps to stop the blade within 2 to 3 sec after trigger release.
Makita SP6000J 6-1/2” Plunge Circular Saw
The Makita is one of the manufacturer company of power tool who is committed to the user for giving the best innovative technology. The Makita SP6000J model is one of the best circulars saw, engineered to serve better performance to its user.
The Makita SP6000J is a good performing tool to cut sheet materials, finish work, trim work, and remodeling. Makita SP6000J review showed that this model is suitable for a large range of customers such as cabinet installers, cabinet manufacturers, finish carpenters, stair installers, flooring installers, woodworkers, and also for general contractors.
- It can able to give more accuracy and splinter-free mirror finish without the table saw.
- The saw has a 12 amp motor with a soft start, which produces enough power to give a smooth straight cut.
- The body parts build with a magnesium component that makes it light, comparing the other model.
- Its electronic speed control ensures to maintain a constant speed under load, for smooth cutting and splinter-free mirror.
- The beveling capacity is 10 to 48 degree that positively stopped at 22.5 and 45 degrees.
- It has an optimal guide rail system, constructed with anodized aluminum offers accurate cuts with minimal tear-off, combined with the saw.
- For expanded cutting application, the saw blade provides an 11/16” wall cut.
- The built-in-depth stops give a 1/16” preliminary cut.
- Variable speed control dial enables to run from 2000 to 5200 RPM.
- A built-in-current limiter prevents motor burnout.
- It has a large cutting capacity of 2-3/16” at 90 degrees and 1-9/16” at 45 degrees.
- A large top handle, an electric brake with a lock lever attach the saw increase the productivity.
- The smooth and handy plunge-release lever ensure the user be comforted with the blade.
- The depth of adjustment with a large scale is easy to set and best in class for a wide range of cutting.
- Makita SP6000J 6-1/2” plunge circular saw, 48T carbide-tipped blade, wrench, and stackable tool case also included with the machine.
- Powerful and lightweight.
- Easy to control at working time.
- Best for a range of application than the table saw.
- Deliver smooth and straight cuts.
- Provide the safety of both the user and the motor.
- Cannot give a repeated cut at a time.
The Makita SP6000j cordless plunge saw is designed with a large no. of good features and applications. This saw gives an excellent performance of cutting comparing with another circular saw. The price level is comfortable with any category of the user. Its 1-year limited warranty also secured the investment of the money for the circular saw.
Makita 5007MG Magnesium 7-1/4” Circular Saw
The manufacturer company Makita engineered a large no of circular saw committed on their users. Makita 5007MG is one of these circulars saw meets up the users need. It is highly durable and one-handed circular saw provide a range of applications.
This saw is engineered for framing walls, floors, and walls using a wide range of dimensional lumber and dense engineering lumber such as LVL, PSL, I-Joints, headers, microlams. Ripping panels like plywood, OSB, particle board, and dense structural panels are also cut with this Makita 5007MG magnesium saw. Plunge cut, bevel cut, masonry, and metal cut technology is available on this saw.
- Presence of magnesium components, this saw become the most durable one.
- Its 15amp power motor produces enough power with 5800RPM to give better performance on the job site.
- A large rubberized lever ensures quick one-handed adjustments.
- A rubber grip handle with oversized numbers and ruler markings offers an easy setting to fit better and more control on working speed.
- Reinforced power cord decreases the repair costs.
- A blade wrench is attached with the blade that ensures the fast and easy changes of the blade.
- The dust blower allows the cleanliness of cut line to give an accurate finish of the materials.
- A premium 7-1/4” carbide-tipped framing blade makes the saw long-lasting and ensures a faster cut.
- Combined configuration with the rare handle and the blade case provides a better grip for the user’s hand with gloves, a wider space for a clearer view of the blade and measurement scale.
- The ‘M’ shaped tooth design bevels 10 degrees, maximizes the cutting performance for a faster, cleaner, and long-lasting cut.
- Two built-in LED light ensures the better illumination of the cutting line.
- The saw has a strong cutting capacity with 2-1/2” at 90 degrees and bevel capacity 0-56 degrees with an optimistic stop at 22.5 and 45 degrees.
- A 24T blade wrench, a rip fence, and tool case are included the machine.
- Most durable and lightweight saw.
- The working process is simple and easy.
- Has a reasonable price.
- Produce enough power to cut.
- Modernized circular saw.
- The safety level is not so high.
- Power consumption is a little high.
Among the models manufactured by Makita, the 5007MG has a precision balance design. As the customer’s review, this circular saw is popular in both beginners and professionals. Though who use it for the very first time, need to read the manual guide properly.
Due to more power consumption, the cost may be increased. But comparing with the service, this saw seems the best one to meet up all the needs of the user.
Makita SP6000J1 6-1/2” Plunge Circular Saw with Guide Rail
The main feature of the circular saw is its circular or disc-shaped blade, rotates around an arbor. This toothed blade makes it different from the band saw, jigsaw, or table saw. Makita SP6000J1 is one of the toothed disc-shaped saw, cut various materials to give a specific shape.
The saw is more portable than a table saw for a selected application. It is also perfect for small industry and DIY home improvement. Makita SP6000J1 plunge saw comes with a stackable tool case and 55” guide rail.
- 12 Amp motor, create a power speed to cut a wide-ranging workpiece.
- Magnesium components make it light in weight.
- It has the well-built cutting capacity, makes cut 2-3/16” at 90 degrees and 1-9/16” at 45 degrees rotation.
- Its electronic speed control system helps to continue with a fine cut on heavy-duty.
- Precision accurate cutting ensures a splinter-free mirror finish.
- It can create 2000-5200 RPM, offers to select any speed, suit on a specific application.
- 55” guide rail works with the 6-1/2” plunge cut saw to make an accurate cut with minimal tear-out.
- The position of the blade delivers precise cutting of the material on the same cutting line of a straight or bevel cut.
- The expanded cutting ability ensures an 11/16” close-to-wall cut.
- The built-in-depth stop delivers a 1/16” preliminary cut before the whole material is cut through for clean and splinter-free-cutting.
- An electric brake system is included with the SP6000J1 saw.
- The built-in-torque limiter prevents the motor burnout.
- 48T carbide-tipped saw blade, hex wrench, 55” guide rail, and stackable tool case are also included with it.
- One year limited warranty is available.
- Long-lasting with reasonable price.
- Cut faster and easier than another saw.
- Make less dust at working time.
- Dust collection is pretty good.
- Creat straight clean cuts
- If the dust is not cleaned properly may create a kickback.
The Makita SP6000J1 review showed this saw is as most effective for timber and wood than steel. Though a thick metal can be cut with this circular saw. Like other Makita product, this SP6000J1 is also engineered for cutting sheet material, finish work, trim work, and remodeling. Cabinet installers and manufacturers, finish carpenters, stair and flooring installers, woodworkers, and also general contractors use this circular saw to finish their projects.
Makita 5007MGA Magnesium 7-1/4” Circular Saw
The Makita power tools are well-established on today’s market. They designed a large no. of the powerful, durable circular saw. Makita 5007MGA is one of them.
This saw is built for framing walls, roofs, and floors with dimensional and dense lumber. The LVL, PSL and I-joints, headers, and microlams can be cut with the 5007MGA. The saw is also used to cut plywood, OSB, particle board, and dense structural panels.
Like another model, Makita 5007MGA magnesium circular saw can create a plunge cut, bevel cut, masonry, and metal cut. Its ’M’ shaped tooth design feature offers maximum performance for a faster, clearer and long-lasting cutting.
- 15 Amp industrial motor produces enough power to create 5800 RPM.
- Magnesium-build-structure makes the saw light and well-balanced for the job site.
- A large rubberized lever ensures quick and one-handed application.
- A comfortable rubber grip on the handle offers better fittings and enough control on cutting.
- The oversized number and measurement scale make the saw easy to read.
- It has a large cutting capacity to cut 2-/2” at 900 and bevelling up to 0-560 with a positive stop at 22.50 & 450.
- Two built-in LED light produces enough illumination on the work line to give an accurate cut of the materials.
- The electric brake increases the productivity of the saw.
- Built-in dust blower helps to keep clean the work surface.
- Reinforced power cord ensures utilization of job site and decreases the repair costs.
- Blade wrench makes the blade changes faster and convenient.
- A premium 7-1/4” carbide-tipped framing blade creates 50% faster and two times longer cut.
- A 24T carbide-tipped saw blade, blade wrench, rip fence, and a tool case are included with it.
- An additional design between the blade case and the rare handle provides a better grip and a wider space for the user.
- One year warranty is given with the saw.
- Lightweight and long-lasting.
- Better control of working speed.
- Sufficient illumination.
- Easy to change the blade.
- Ensure fast and smooth cut.
The tool case is small.
Makita 5007MGA review showed that the saw is well designed to meet up the needs of the users. It is the improved version of 5007MG, another product of Makita. As a modernized model, this circular saw ensures better performance and minimum exhaustion for the user.
Makita SH02R1 12V Max CXT Lithium-ion Cordless Circular Saw
Among the Makita power saw, SH02R1 is a cordless circular saw. It works with the power supplied by a lithium-ion battery. This special lithium-ion battery is manufactured by the Makita. Makita 12V battery is attached with it in two styles, slide-style, pod-style. These two batteries make the saw more balanced and convenient to its users.
This saw kit is suitable where you have a little space for your power saw. When you work on the floor, trim, or any small-size job, can get better performance compared with any larger DEWALT product in the same purpose.
With Makita SH02R1, you can cut plywood, MDF, pegboard, particle board, melamine, drywall, and more. A professional or DIY craftsman like it more for its lightweight and portability with a comfortable speed of cutting.
- Makita built motor, produces 1500 RPM which offers a fast cut of the workpiece.
- 3-3/8” blade can cut 1” deep of the material with a variety of applications.
- The blade can tilt up to 45 degrees.
- Onboard LED charge level indicator is attached with the two 12V Max CXT lithium-ion battery.
- The expanding 12V Max series delivers superior ergonomics in a compact size.
- Adjustable cutting depth of the workpiece is 1” at 90 degrees and 5/8” at 45 degrees.
- A battery protection circuit is included with it, give protection against overloading, over-discharging, and over-heating.
- The LED light illumination helps in critical time on the indoor job.
- The tool bag makes hassle-free transport for the user.
- A built-in dust blower clears the working surface to ensure an efficient cut.
- Quick push button and blade wrench make an easy control of the saw.
- A comfortable rubberized grip makes a little vibration on working time.
- A 3-3/8” circular saw, 2 Makita 12V lithium-ion battery, lithium-ion charger, 3-3/8” 20T saw blade and tool case is included with the saw kit.
- The 3-year limited warranty is available.
- Lightweight and cordless.
- Portable and comfortable.
- Easy to control.
- Low vibration.
- Easy cleaning of debris.
- Incompatible with wood.
The Makita cordless saw spins slowly but easy to pull at working time, compared with a full-sized circular saw. When you try to make a quick straight cut, must get better performance than a miter saw. Though this saw is not suitable for heavy industrial use, you can get it as an ideal one for any small to medium cutting projects.
Rockwell RK3441K 4-1/2” Compact Circular Saw
You know the importance of versatility and adaptability when working with the power tool in your job site. To fulfill your requirements, The Rockwell, power tool manufacturer company, engineered the most powerful but small tool for you.
Yah, it is Rockwell RK3441K circular saw.
Though it is a tiny one, produce enough power to cut the workpiece with an admirable end product. This saw is specially manufactured for wood cutting especially plywood, hardwood flooring, nominal 2” lumber molding, pegboard, etc. And you can make a quick cut through 2×4s in a single pass and sheet goods at the same time comparing with a bulky circular saw.
- A 5-amp electric motor able to create 3500 RPM to perform as a full-sized circular saw.
- It is a lightweight 4-1/2” circular saw, 50% lighter than 7-1/4” conventional one.
- Its blade is a left-handed design that ensures amazing visibility of the cut-line.
- Slim, inline grip design offers good comfort, excellent balance, well-control for every cut.
- Cutting capacity of the blade is 1-11/16” at 900 and the bevel capacity is 1-1/8” at 450 where the arbor size is only 3/8”.
- It is an ideal saw for wood materials.
- The 4-1/2” blade is more powerful and functional than 7-1/4” conventional blade.
- Its quick, easy cutting operation system able to make clear cut-off with plunge and rip cuts.
- The laser guide helps to create a precise and accurate cut.
- The locker switch ensures the safety of the user at working time.
- Three different blades are included with it, that offers a variety of material to cut.
- The carrying bag makes easy transport of the saw.
- A 3-year warranty is available with the product.
- Lightweight and powerful.
- Long-lasting. Easy to use.
- Suitable for both right and left-handed workman.
- Make a faster and fine cut of the materials.
- Safe and economical for its owner.
- Though the blade is left-handed, may be quite difficult for left-handed professionals.
Although the RK3441K circular saw is not so cheap, but it can cut so faster, that it will be the most effective and economical for you. It reduces the wastage of cut materials and produces less dust particle. Rockwell RK3441K review shows that it is very smaller, lighter and powerful saw compare with any conventional circular saw.
If you are a professional, or DIY-er, searching for this type of circular saw for your small to medium projects. You can choose the RK3441K without any doubt.
Bosch CS5 120Volt 7-1/4” Circular Saw
Bosch engineered an electric construction circular saw, named Bosch CS5, suitable for a variety of materials, tube fitting to hardwood.
With it, you can make the perfect pieces of new furniture, different house parts like windows, doors, a frame, roof, sheathes, decks, etc. You can also create a strong and well-designed work shape with a low vibration, where another saw shake more at long-term work.
- Its 15 amp motor produces enough power to spin with 6200 RPM.
- The left-blade design ensures the strongest line of sight of work.
- The anti-snag lower guard create supercut without having to advance it.
- The simple lock system offers the easy changes of the blade.
- The 560 bevel capacity turns the saw more versatile.
- A 24T carbide blade, blade wrench, a soft grip handle is included with the saw.
- The blade can make a cut of 2.44” at 900 and 1.875” at 45 degrees.
- The spindle lock lever keeps the blade tight at the time of rotation.
- The 1-year warranty is given by the Bosch.
- Lightweight and highly portable.
- Long-lasting and powerful.
- Reliable with solidity build.
- The blade cut a thick piece.
- No blower to clean the working area.
Though the Bosch CS5 circular saw has few options to cut, but you can handle it more easily than another saw. You can get it at a reasonable price and better performance than the same one. It's one year warranty also ensures the best investment for the saw.
This saw can absorb the heavy load of work with any type of workpiece. Without any training or be an expert, you can use this saw more efficiently and give a fantastic end of your job. So you can choose this robust circular saw for your workshop.
DEWALT DCS575T2 Flexvolt 60V Max Brushless Circular Saw
DEWALT, the manufacturer of power tools, brings a circular saw in an advanced feature. This is DEWALT DCS575T2 cordless circular saw. The most precious feature is its Flexvolt battery. This is the world’s first battery that automatically changes the voltages with the change of power tools. It has two voltages option that gives an efficient performance when working with it.
Though it is a cordless framing saw but has the ability to do work as a full-sized power saw. You can use it for traditional lumber to a modernized one including LVL’s, para lumbers, TJI’s.
The Flexvolt battery powered circular saw is capable to give a deep cut and bevel angle at a time. The Flexible battery can work with any 20Max power tools, you have not taken the whole new system.
- The Flexvolt cordless battery offers power as a corded one.
- 7-1/4” full-size blade is able to cut the work materials as a traditional circular saw.
- The electronic brake provides great safety for the user. The saw stops within a second of trigger release.
- The blade bevels up to 570 with a positive stop at 22.5th and 450 rotation level.
- The right-handed brushless motor creates enough power to run with 5800 RPM. It offers a quality cut with maximum work time for a single charge.
- It can release the maximum of 20 volts as initial battery voltage without a workload and make the saw more durable.
- With one charge, the DCS575 7-1/4” circular saw can create up to 339 cuts in 2×4s materials.
- The LED light illuminates the work sight that helps to make a fine cut.
- At 900, the cutting depth is 2-1/4” and at 400, it is 1-5/8” deep.
- Two lithium-ion battery packs, one DCB115, one DCS575 7-1/4” circular saw, one DEWALT 7-1/4” saw blade, one blade wrench are included with it.
- A 3-yr limited warranty, 1-yr free service, and 30 days money back guarantee is given by DEWALT.
- Cordless and more powerful.
- Most durable.
- Comfortable and safe.
- No rafter hook.
The DEWALT Flexvolt circular saw lows the difficulty of blade change for the different workpiece. It also brings the power of the corded motor to a new line-up of 60 MAX and 120 MAX tools.
If you are looking for an advance-aged circular saw then choose this Flexvolt brushless circular saw. Though does not offer a dust-free workplace, but it offers to push down safety better than push in style. Its warranty facility gives you a better investment of your money.
DEWALT DCS575B Flexvolt 60V Max Lithium-ion Brushless Circular Saw
Are you search for a cordless powerful circular saw for your tool collection?
Listen, now a day, you can get a no. of circular saw available in the market. These bundle of circular saw may create confusion for the best one. In this case, we suggest you go with DEWALT products.
The DEWALT manufactured another well-designed circular saw named DEWALT DCS575B. It is run with the power, produced by DEWALT especial lithium-ion charger battery. The brushless motor of it helps to lower the weight of the saw. It also make the saw more versatile comparing to another DEWALT circular saw.
- Flexible power of corded lithium-ion batteries automatically changes the voltage with the change of the tools.
- A 7-1/4” full-sized blade is able to cut efficiently.
- Right side blade location helps to see the cut line clearly.
- Batteries are not included with it.
- Electronic brake ensures the user protection to stop quickly after the trigger is released.
- Beveling at 570 with a stop at 22.5 and 45 degrees offers a clear efficient cut of the workpieces
- Brushless motor creates 5800rpm to give a quality cut, also increase the run time and durability.
- The LED light offers enough light to see the workpiece and also give an opportunity to work in a low light area.
- It has a set of measuring scale that helps to cut more confidently.
- Cordless and portable.
- More powerful and long-lasting.
- Easy to handle.
- Safe for the user.
- Quite difficult for rough materials.
Though, the saw is cordless but can be able to produce enough power to finish any types of cutting. The electronic brake, rubberized blade cover and grip handle ensures the safety of the user at working time.
It may give some trouble with rough materials to cut, but if you take a little care, can complete the job more effectively. If your choice is a cordless and powerful one, we hope DCS575B will be the best one for your workshop.
Makita 5402NA 16-5/16” Circular Saw
Are you a professional woodworker and an extra-ordinary circular saw, the need for your new job?
Yah, we suggest going with A Makita power circular saw.
Among Matika product, Makita 5402NA circular saw is capable of absorbing large pressure on working. You can use this saw for framing to cutting heavy stressed materials. The electric blade with a stabilizer and a large support handle make the saw so strong, that it can stand with any level of pressure.
Makita 5402NA is unique for its amazing features. Not only at the industrial workshop but also for home improvement, you can use this circular saw. Pressure treated lumbers and beams can be remodeling with this saw.
- A 15 amp motor provides enough power to create 2200 rpm and delivers 1800 max watts out.
- The large capacity blade ensures 6-1/4” cut at 90 degrees and 4-1/16” cut at 45 degrees.
- The electric blade increases the productivity of the saw.
- It produces only 87 decibels sound on working time.
- The blade stabilizer offers a stable blade rotation and better cutting performance.
- A large depth control lever makes it more suitable and safe for the user.
- The weight 32.1 Ibs is comfortable to the user.
- Large support handle offers easy control of the operation.
- 32T carbide-tipped blade, blade wrench, rip fence and saw storage holder is included with the saw.
- A 1-yr limited warranty is given by the Makita.
- Portable and powerful.
- Safe for the user.
- Easy to cut and handle.
- Make less noise at work.
- Suitable for both professional and beginner.
- The safety button is a little hard to operate.
The Makita 5402NA review shows the saw is popular to the user for its heavy-duty feature. The price level is not so comfortable for all. But considering the level of service, the 5402NA is a wonderful circular saw for both professional or beginner.
If you want a saw work on the stressed condition and give service for a long time, then choose this Makita 5402NA.
DEWALT DCS570B 7-1/4” (184mm) 20V Cordless Circular Saw
When you reach this review, already get enough information on the circular saw. You see the features and performances of DEWALT manufactured circular saw. That’s why we pick another item, DEWALT DCS570B cordless circular saw, can also able to fulfill your requirements.
You already know that DEWALT product is different from others for its special lithium-ion batteries. If you have 2-3 saws of the 20V Max batteries, then no need to buy a battery for this DCS570B saw. This cordless circular saw is compatible with any 20V Max battery.
You get more or less same facility with it comparing with another DEWALT circular saw. But with it, you feel more comfortable for its portability with high-pressure absorbance quality on working in dense work materials.
- The brushless motor produces power able to create 5200RPM and can sustain under load.
- It can continue up to 100 cross cuts with 2 × 4 pine at one runtime.
- 570 bevelling capacity ensure the ease of use.
- The blade makes a 1-5/8” deep cut at 450 and 2-9/16” deep cut at 900 angles.
- The electric brake offers superior control on work speed.
- At the starting of work, the battery can able to produce the voltage 20 watts (measured without a workload). The nominal voltage is 18 watts, can reach up to 900 watts.
- 7-1/4” (184mm) circular saw, 20T 7-1/4” blade, blade changing wrench is included with it.
- Battery and charger are sold separately.
- A 3-yr limited warranty, 1-yr free service, and 30 days money back facilities are given by the DEWALT.
- Portable and comfortable.
- Great control on work speed.
- Safe for the user.
- Not so expensive.
- The battery is not included.
DEWALT DCS570B review shows the consumers are like its special bottom plate design more than others. They also choose it for the easy installation process and the compatibility with any 20V Max batteries.
Comparing with any 6-1/2” circular saw, this 7-1/4” saw offers better cutting performance. It is suitable for any construction site as well as a DIY project at home. If you want a cordless and perfect circular saw, DEWALT DCS570B will meet up all your needs.
Skil 5280-01 15 Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
We know that a circular saw is one of the most important power tools for the wood-workshop. Sometimes, a small but powerful tool is required for repairing the furniture of the house where a heavy-duty saw is not desirable.
Considering this type of situation, the Skil, a well-known power tool manufacturing company bring an affordable and manageable saw named SKIL 5280-01 circular saw. This circular saw is the most appropriate one for any occasional and professional jobs.
- Its powerful 15 AMP motor provides 5300 revolutions per minute that ensure a faster cut of the materials.
- A 7-1/4” carbide-tipped blade is included with the saw.
- The spindle lock ensures the easy changes of the blade.
- The beveling capacity of the saw is 51 degrees helps to cut 2-3/8” deep at 450 and gives two positive stops.
- Weighs 6.95 Ibs makes the saw lightweight for the user.
- The dust blower keeps the work surface dust-free and helps to a clear line of the cut.
- Anti-snag guards lowes the snags and gives a thin cut-off.
- A single beam laser guide helps to cut more precisely and provide a safeguard for the worker.
- The indicator light and trigger reduces the chance of an accident to occur.
- A 24T carbide blade, blade wrench, carrying bag is included with the saw.
- The one-year limited warranty is supported by the company.
- Price-worthy and lightweight.
- Easy to operate.
- Powerful to create an angle or miter cut.
- Ensure debris free work site.
- Safe for the operator.
- Have no electric brake to stop the trigger.
Skil 5280 review shows that the user was satisfied with it. Because they could finish their tasks more effectively when cut their workpiece by using this circular saw.
The Skil 5280-01 is specially designed for building decks, furniture, house, and other works relate to wood, metal, steel, etc. if you need a circular saw for your house related job. Then you can choose it to get hassle-free work. Because this saw has all the features, to give the best results for any small to medium size project, at a reasonable price.
WORX WOEXSAW 4-1/2” compact circular saw
There is a large no. of woodworker who lives a far from the job site and every day he has to carry his tool bag. In this case, he needs a small and lightweight saw. Considering this situation, we select WORX WORXSAW for reviewing and find it as a suitable one for the daily woodworker.
This saw is a powerful, transportable and ideal for the DIY-er. Wood, metal, tile, plastic, and many other materials can cut with it. The operating process is so easy that you can use without any training. And make a perfectly straight, precise cut of your stock.
- The saw is specially designed for less tool strain but performs as a full-size compact saw.
- The blade is 4-1/2” and pull 4 amp power by the electric cord to make a load speed of 3500 rpm.
- The weight is 50% less than a traditional 7-1/4” circular saw.
- It can cut 2 × 4’s in a single pass with a full controlled compact saw blade.
- It has an easy-set depth gauge lever and can bevel 0-450 to ensure quick adjustment.
- Make a cut 11/16” deep at 90 degrees, 1/8” at 45 degrees.
- Minimal 2” lumber can cut with the WORXSAW.
- The left-side blade design gives clear visibility of the cut line.
- The grip combined with safety trigger provides comfort, balance, and control.
- The 4-1/2” has a parallel guide attachment to ensure a straight and precise cut.
- 24T carbide-tipped blade, vacuum adaptor, and Allen key are included with the saw.
- A 3-yr limited warranty is provided by the manufacturer.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Easy to operate.
- Can handle with one hand.
- Offer precise straight and angle cut.
- Not for a big task.
The WORX mini saw is the cheapest one available in the market. Though the WORX WORXSAW blades are not suitable for long panel cut, you can use it to finish the work around the house and your small workshop.
The design of this item makes sure an excellent cutting depth of the workpiece. The beginners can finish their jobs more confidently for it’s easy and quick cutting capacity. We suggest the WORXSAW will be a worthy investment for your toolbag.
Buying Guide for Circular Saw
Before taking the final decision to buy a new circular saw, you need a proper understanding of it.
Without proper knowledge, the selected one might not be the best for your projects or workshop. You need to know every part of a circular saw and their function.
When you want to buy something, the first thing that clicks on your mind is the price of this product and your ability to invest. If you have the ability to spend enough, you can get a chance to compare a lot, suit to your need. When the budget is limited, the chance to compare within a lot become low.
The price level of a specific product depends on the service it offers. Normally the high priced product performed better than the low priced one. Because price depends on how the tool is manufactured. The traditional one always has low price than an advanced one.
So, after check the good and poor reviews, you will have to select the best one, suit to your job requirement. The price will not narrow your selection.
Battery and power
The circular saw available in the market is two types, cordless or corded. These two types are manufactured for two different work situation. Where you have not accessed a power socket or the cord is not safe to use, the cordless saw is for this environment. In that condition, you need a battery to go with your power saw. On the other hand, corded saw needs a continuous flow of power when it runs.
When you think for a cordless saw, the battery is the main factor that you need to consider. Because some of them are work only with the manufacturers' own battery system. A few of them can run with any kind of battery fit to it. And you have to make sure about a battery charger.
If you have all the saw of the same types, means the same company, you may go with a single battery. But in this situation, the choice becomes narrow, may not get the best result. On the contrary, you can operate it without any experience, and do not think about the risk of the cord, that may cause an accident when becoming older.
In the same time, the battery life is an issue, you have to consider. Also, need an indicator to show the level of charge. The cordless is easy to drive, but the power it produces, not enough for hard-hitting materials. You can use it only for small or medium size job.
On the other, the corded one run with a continuous flow of electricity and produce a strong speed to cut. A power control button is essential because of all the materials used to cut do not need the same power of speed. With the corded saw, any kind of work can be done, only require a constant power supply when it runs.
Considering the price, the cordless is expensive than a corded one. So, think about the above fact before go with your deserving powered circular saw.
The main working part of the circular saw is a blade. A circular saw comes with a variety of blades and maybe steel, carbide-tipped, tile cutting, masonry blade. The steel blades remain sharp for a long time and can work with high speed. The carbide-tipped blade is expensive, but is the best among all blades, for its sharpness. The tile cutting blade is specially designed for ceramics and diamond-tipped. On the other hand, the masonry blade is used to cut brick and concrete materials.
The size of the blade influences the performance of the circular saw. The blade size ranges from 6-1/2” to -14”. The 7-1/4” blade normally give a better result on wood or concrete work. The blade limits how thick cut may create. The small-sized blade can make a cut up to 2” with an angle. To cut thicker, you need a big one.
The position of the blade has also verified the choice. Depending on the position, the circular saw is two types, left-handed (the blade stay on the left side of the machine) and right-handed ( the blade located on the right side). When you operate the left-handed saw, the cut line will more visible than right-handed. But the dust particle, made with the cut, can create a problem on work. On the other hand, the right-handed limits the visibility of the cut line but the dust materials cannot mess on with clothes or hurt on eyes.
The right-handed one is lighter and affordable than the left-handed. On the other hand, the left-handed more powerful and extensive.
The other thing has to consider that the right-handed saw will work with the help of the left arm. Here, the working ability of the operator stimulates which one will be the best for the project.
The durability of any tool or machine depends on what material it made of. The different parts of the body of a circular saw are made with different materials. The steel, aluminum, plastic is usually used to build different parts of a circular saw.
After a review of large no. of the circular saw, we found that, if the base plate of the tool made with ultra-durable, reinforced plastic is more strong than the other. Though this is not well- established, but the base plate of a saw is the main factor to determine the longevity of the tool.
Because the base plate is used to place the work material to cut. And it has to tolerate all the forces pressed to cut the material. If the base plate is not so strong then it may break at work with rough stock.
Ease of use
The operating system of the power saw defines the ease of use of that saw. We see the heavier saw create strong power supply when cutting the material than a lighter one. The machine vibrates when it works. So, the capacity to tolerate any limit of power make the job easy for the user.
When the material is cut, we use a small stock to push in or push directly to the blade. There has a chance of an accident to happen. For this, a safeguard is essential to protect the user. An electric trigger may be the solution of this, which can stop the blade as need.
The easy blade changing system may tend the easy use of the circular saw. The battery size, laser or LED light, dust port facility make the saw easier to use and reduces the chance of any mishap.
The circular saw is used to cut a range of workpiece, maybe wood, plastic ceramic, concrete, etc. When we work with a circular saw, a huge amount of dust particle produced along the cut line. Though a variety of materials cut with the saw, but wood material produce a lot of dust comparing the other. This debris is a constraint to create the fine cut.
After this, the power tool always vibrates at work. As a result, this dust flew over the work surface and also the body of the user. It decreases the quality of work and makes irritation on the nose, eyes of the worker. That’s why dust collection is important for this type of work.
To get a ride from this problem, the best solution is a blower facility. If a dust port is attached with the saw, it offers a clear cut line by collecting the small particle produce at the time of cut. And also a sound working environment for the carpenter.
We see that the circular saw facilitated with dust port gives better performance than the saw without this specific feature.
The circular saw work on electric power or battery power. With both, the blade run with thousands of rotation in every minute. It will be difficult to control for beginners. Sometimes the experts also admit difficulties with a modernized saw, when they use it for the first time.
After reviewing, we see the following features can solve this problem. These are:
- The blade guard is crucial for a safe circular saw.
- The electric brake is another safety feature. It helps to stop the blade within 2 seconds after the trigger is released.
- A laser guide on board, aid to make a straight cut.
With all power tools safety should be ensured first. For this,
- Never stand just behind the power saw at the time of work.
- Before blade change, always unplugged the saw or remove the battery.
- Use a stable, clean surface to place the cut material.
- Wear special clothes to reduce the irritation of dust and debris.
- Use eyeglasses to save the eyes.
- Hearing protection and nose musk need to remain safe.
Now, you can able to make the best decision for the deserving circular saw.
What is a circular saw?
Ans. A circular saw is a power tool, used to cut different material with its toothed or abrasive disc or blade using a rotary motion spinning around an arbor. Wood, masonry, plastic or metal materials are cut with the circular saw.
How to use a circular saw?
Ans. To cut material with the circular saw, first, you have to place the stock on a stable surface. Now, you have to set the depth of cut. And have to make sure to place the wood on a good side down. Then you have to power on the saw. When the blade starts to rotate, push the blade along the cut line up to the end without stopping. For a straight cut run the blade across the board and rip cut along the board’s length.
Before work with a circular saw, you have to make sure that all the indicators are in the right place. When you go with a running blade hold it confidently. And also make sure that you wear protective clothes, goggles, and musk to avoid any mishap.
What is the best size circular saw?
Ans. The size of the circular saw is categorized with the diameter of the blade. The diameter of the blade varies from 6-1/2” to 14”. But most of the saw have 7-1/4” blade. with 7-1/4” blade, 2” deep cut can be done at 45-degree angle.
Is there a difference between right-handed and left-handed circular saw?
Ans. Yes, there is a strong difference between right-handed and left-handed circular saw.
The saw is right or left handed, depends on the side where the blade is placed. The important thing is that the right-handed saw is operated with the left hand and left-handed with the right hand.
Can you sharpen circular saw blades?
Ans. Only a simple steel blade can sharpen. The most commonly used blade is carbide-tipped. If you want to sharpen it, may be broken or damaged. Without sharpening, the wisest decision is to change the old one with a new sharp blade.
What type of circular saw blade should I use to cut MDF?
Ans. Medium-Density Fiberboard or MDF is used for cabinetry or other indoor building projects. Any circular saw blade can be used to cut this type of hardboard but the carbide-tipped blade is the best to cut the MDF.
What is the difference between a circular saw and a miter saw?
Ans. The main difference between a circular saw and a miter saw is the cut they made on the work material. The circular saw can be used to make any shape of any material. But a miter saw can make only a precise and accurate crosscut that can not possible with a circular saw.
How many teeth do I need on my circular saw blade?
Ans. The circular saw blade has teeth from 14 to 120. When we select the blade, have to remind that the low teethed blade give faster cut than the high teethed blade. on the other hand, the low teethed blade gives a rough ending which is not any problem for an expert. But the high teethed blade burns the material at the end of the cut.
In general, the most used blade is 7-1/4” saw blade with 24 teeth. Where speed and ease of cut is the first choice, the 7-1/4” blade with 24 teeth is the best option for cutting purpose.
Related Article: Best Miter Saw Reviews & Buying Guide with Top Picks
After long time research for an advanced, cheap, and high-quality circular saw, we make this review guide of 15 top-rated circular saw and the buying guide for you. We enlisted both cordless, corded and right-handed, left-handed circular saw because do not know which one is suitable for your job.
After complete to read this review guide, you can find out the best circular saw as a beginner, or an expert or ambitious DIY-er.
The buying guide we made for you, give a complete guideline before making the decision to buy a new circular saw. And also the instruction, you need to follow at the time, work with a powered circular saw.