Best Miter Saw – Reviews & Buying Guide with Top Picks
A few months ago, we became puzzled, could not find out the way to complete our wood project in time. Then we discovered a power tool, named miter saw available in the market and has the ability to give the best result for the woodworking projects.
Yes, the model of the best Miter Saw is so small and portable that you can keep it any place of your workshop. Even you can work in the backyard of your workshop with this miter saw.
This saw solved all of our challenges. And we realize the importance of it for home woodworking. This miter saw cut our workpiece so accurately, that we decided to introduce it within the woodworker, who still not know about the miter saw.
That’s why we prepare this review guide of the miter saw. And say, just read the guide. When complete it, you can able to make the decision for the miter saw best for your next project.
Best Miter Saw Comparison Table
We pick 15 top-rated miter saws of different brands available in today’s market. From these 15 miter saws, we take 10 best and make this comparison table where you can see them at a glance.
Top 15 Miter Saws Reviews
Among hundreds of miter saw, available in the market, we select only 15 top-rated miter saws according to their performances on woodworking.
We know, a miter saw works by pulling a large backsaw or a mounted circular saw blade down onto a board with the power of the motor. This saw is usually used to make a quick, accurate crosscut in a workpiece at a selected angle. But a bevel cut or a compound cut can be made with the miter saw.
In the project of making picture frames, crown molding, window casing, and so on, the miter saw offers the best result, where the band saw or jigsaw blades do not work.
Before buying a miter saw, you have to know the saw properly. So go with the review guide in below.
DEWALT DWS779 12” Sliding Compound Miter Saw
When we think about a compact, best-quality power saw then the name of DEWALT comes first in our brain. Because the DEWALT always fulfill the requirements of the user of any power tool. The miter saw is not out of it.
DEWALT DWS779 12” is that type of miter saw comes with a range of attractive features. It is a double bevel sliding compound miter saw. This saw is able to give a precise crosscut, bevel cut, and also a compound cut of the workpiece. The design of this miter saw also ensures the safety of the worker.
Both beginners and professional woodworker can use it more confidently. Because 12” miter saw provides easy control and also make a quick, fine end of the cut piece. For home improvement, it can be used without any hassle.
- The 15 Amp motor of it produces enough power to create 3800 RPM.
- It has an exclusive back fence design, helps to make cut safely.
- It can cut 2×16 dimensional lumber at 90 degrees and 2×12 at 45 degrees angle.
- The blade positioning system provides an adjustment of free cutline indication that helps to give an accurate cut and ensures the visibility of the cutline.
- The innovative clamping mechanism with dual horizontal steel rails offers an easy cut of the wood stock with the teethed circular blade of the miter saw.
- The linear ball bearing is arranged with the saw design.
- The dust bag can collect 75% of dust generated in time of work.
- A carbide blade, blade wrench, a user guide is included with the saw.
- A 3-yr warranty is backed by the DEWALT.
- Durable and compact size.
- Powerful and versatile.
- Easy to use.
- Give a more accurate cut.
- The back fence makes it safe to use.
- Dust bag gives a clean work surface.
- Create some trouble with heavy-work.
- Quite heavy in weight.
The DEWALT DWS779 review shows that the operator feels comfortable when they work with it. The easy operation system makes the miter saw popular to its user. Though the saw has not any laser light facility for working on the low-light area, the saw is highly potential to meet up the requirement of any home-based woodworking. The affordable price with a 3-yr warranty ensures the best investment for this compound miter saw.
DEWALT DW715 15 Amp 12” Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw
Another DEWALT miter saw we select for reviewing is DEWALT DW715 single bevel compound miter saw. The 12” circular blade is strong enough to cut any depth of the workpiece.
This saw is unique for its lightweight and the portability. You can use it for doing any wood related work of your house. The high-quality carrying handle gives you good comfort on transportation. The plastic, clear-color blade guard ensures your safety on work. Its 4 different bevel stops make it more versatile on cutting.
The DEWALT DW715 review shows that the user gives 4.7 out of 5 stars for the performance of cutting. They get more accurate cut than the others of the same features.
- A 15 Amp motor has enough power to create 4000 RPM to deliver prolonged power and long-lasting capability.
- Miter detent override allows reversing the miter stops and helps to adjust the desired setting without the slipping of the blade.
- The stainless steel miter detent plate has 11- positive stops that improve the productivity of the saw.
- The tall sliding fence gives support on crown molding up to 5-1/4” nested and on-base molding up to 6-1/2” vertically against the fence while easily sliding out of the way for a bevel cut.
- The crosscut capacity is up to 2 × 8” on dimensional lumber.
- The saw can bevel to the left up to 480 and the right up to 3 degrees with a positive stop at 0 degrees, 450 and 33.90 for cutting crown molding laying flat.
- The 4-hardened steel bevel stops make it more versatile to cut.
- Cam lock miter handle with miter detent override illume the need to twist the handle to lock-in on the angle.
- A carbide blade, dust bag, blade wrench, and a comfortable side handle is included with the miter saw.
- Compact and portable.
- More precision.
- Accurate cross and bevel cut.
- Safe to use.
- No LED light.
The DEWALT DW715 manual provides detail instruction for the beginner. If anyone follows these instructions and takes good care of DEWALT DW715 parts, it will be the best power tool of one’s best lifetime collection on the toolbox. The 3-yr warranty, 1-yr free service and 90-days money back guarantee to make the worth investment for the DW715 miter saw.
DEWALT DWS780 12” Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
The DEWALT DWS780 is designed with an innovated technology with double bevel capacity. This miter saw is specially manufactured for home-based woodworking purpose. But this saw blade can able to give support for industrial woodworking in a certain limit. Though it is used to making frames and deck building normally, the cabinet makers, trim carpenters, framers, installers, and general contractors find the saw as an outstanding performed one.
The modern precise miter system with a comfortable handle and highly performed dust bag make it different from the others. And ensures the consistency of the DEWALT DWS780 parts.
- The 15 Amp motor is extremely durable and powerful to give 3800 rotations per minute.
- The stainless steel miter detent plate has 10 optimistic ends that ensure the precise cutting capacity.
- The fashionable back fence offers the best support on cutting and helps to cut 2×16 dimensional lumber at 90 degrees and 2×12 at 45 degrees angles.
- The XPS crosscut positioning with an adjustable free-cut-line indicator provides more accuracy than others.
- The dust port has the ability to collect the debris 75% and more, produced at the time of cutting.
- The tall sliding fence maintains the cutting 7-1/2” of nested crown and 6-3/4” of base molding vertically.
- It has the ability to make 14” cross cut at 90 degrees and 4×8” miter cut at 45 degrees.
- The blade can be work at 60 degrees right and 50 degrees left with cam lock provides easy adjustment of the cutting process.
- It bevels at 4-positive stops at zero, 22.5, 33.9 and 45 degrees in both right and left directions to give a perfect bevel cut.
- A cam lock miter button ensures the safety of working.
- The miter detent reverse system makes an easy angle adjustment with a sturdy base plate.
- The power cord is channeled through the rail in the back of the saw reduces the interference with the slide.
- The saw has a rail lock handle that helps to keep the head away from the fence.
- It has an improved ultra-bright LED light to illuminate the work surface.
- The unique alignment system offers no recalibration over time or after blade changes.
- The DW7187 adjustable miter saw laser system comprises with the saw.
- Blade wrench, vertical material clamp, 12” carbide blade are included with DWS780 12” miter saw.
- Powerful and modern saw.
- Better precision.
- More accurate cut.
- Extra brightness.
- Clean workplace.
- Does not include a stand. Need to buy separately.
The DEWALT DWS780 review reveals that the customers are appreciated the up-to-date cutting technology of this miter saw. The strong-featured guard of the teethed circular blade has the ability to contribute to extensive performances. The 3-yr warranty offers the security of the money. The 1-yr free tool service and 90 days money back guarantee is a good backed for this versatile miter saw.
Hitachi C10FCH2 15 Amp 10” Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw with Laser Marker
The Hitachi one of the leading power tool manufacturer committed to bringing professional grade power tool for woodwork, metalwork, concrete, drilling, cutting, and fastening. On these consequences, it produces Hitachi C10FCH2 compound miter saw with a versatile capability to use in woodworking.
A variety of workpieces can be cut with this miter saw, like wood, plywood, decorative panels, soft fiberboard, hardboard, and aluminum sashes. The C10FCH2 compound saw is the perfect model for trim carpenters, framers, and woodworkers who need a precise and reliable miter saw to finish their wood project.
- A 15 Amp motor can produce power to create load speed up to 5000 RPM to cut the toughest materials.
- Only 26.5 Ibs weight makes it compact and portable.
- It bevels 0-52 degrees to both right and left direction that makes it more flexible, and 0-45 degrees to the left with adjustable stops ensures a precise cut.
- The horizontal handle with soft elastomer grip tends to low vibration, comfort for the user and better control to operation.
- The thumb-actuated positive stops make it easy to use with quick miter adjustment.
- The large pivoting flip fence increases the vertical cutting length up to 4” of crown molding.
- The dust collector ensures a clear workplace by removing the airborne particles generated with the cutting.
- It has a large table to give support for the work material.
- The Hitachi C10FCH2 laser marker makes sure of the smooth, precise miter cuts and crosscuts in a range of work materials.
- 10” 24T TCT saw blade, pivoting flip fence, dust bag, vise assembly, 10mm Bo wrench, 4mm hex bar wrench, and material support extension are included with this miter saw.
- Lightweight and long-lasting.
- Both miter cut and crosscut.
- Easy to use.
- Laser Marker.
- No LED light.
The Hitachi miter saw always comes with innovative technology and best-in-class design. The 5-yr warranty of this saw turns it into an industry-leading power saw. Furthermore, accessible carbon brushes attached to the Hitachi C10FCH2 parts, flexible miter angles, and compound cutting capability give extra benefit and versatility on wood cutting projects.
DEWALT DW713 10” Portable Compound Miter Saw
The DEWALT manufactured a range of miter saw with a simple and advanced design for a wide range of work materials. We bring another model DEWALT DW713 portable compound miter saw of the same manufacturer.
This DEWALT DW713 miter saw is specially produced for the simple home-based woodworking. The beginners or DIY craftsman liked this saw for its easy operating system and quick fine ending of the cross or bevel cuts. But its not mean that the professional user cannot use it for their project. The skilled person also takes it to enrich their workshop for occasional cutting at on leisure time. Because the price is reasonable for everyone.
- A 15 Amp motor produces 5000 RPM to give a comprehensive power and increases the durability.
- The stainless steel detent plate makes the miter saw robust.
- The tall sliding fence is good support for the cutting. It helps to cut the crown molding 4-1/2” vertically as well as 6” on base molding. It helps to easily slide out of the way for bevel cuts.
- The machine-based fence stay perpendicular with the body helps to give an accurate cut.
- The cam miter lock offers a perfect positioning of the miter angle to make a quick and fine cut.
- The saw blade can be set at 0-50 degrees angles both right and left direction to create a versatile cut of the materials. 2×6” dimensional lumber can be bevel with 45 degrees angle.
- The DW7178 adjustable miter saw laser guide is attached with it, delivers clear visibility of the workpiece.
- A blade wrench, carbide blade, user’s manual, 10” compound miter saw, and a dust bag is included with the saw.
- A 3-yr limited warranty, 1-yr free-service contract, and 90-day money-back guarantee are offered by the DEWALT.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Powerful motor and durable.
- Easy to handle.
- Accurate and quick cut.
- High-level of vibration.
- No LED light.
The DEWALT DW713 10” compound miter saw was first produced in 2012 with the type 1 design. Then converted into the type-2 design with more advanced technology to deliver the diversified application. If you buy it for your workshop, will be a wise decision for a miter saw. Because it has the ability to offer a versatile saw blade to give a smooth ending of the cutline with a clean work surface. The tool warranty also offers security against the money.
DEWALT DWS709 Slide Compound Miter Saw
The DEWALT DWS709 miter saw is engineered with the combination of superpower and most excellent efficiency of cutting operation. This compound miter saw is appropriate for both experts and beginners. The user can use it for a long time without any hassle because it runs with less fatigue.
This miter saw comes with a full-sized slide design that makes it more convenient and portable. The sliding head and 12” blade permit a long cut of the workpiece. The reverse bevel system allows an easy angle cut. The saw can store simply on the storage after use.
- The 15 Amp motor produces a strong power to create 3800 RPM.
- The tall sliding fence helps to cut vertically 5-1/2” on crown molding and 4-1/2” on base molding against the fence.
- The high-class back fence offers cut up to 2×14” dimensional lumber at 90 degrees and 2×10” at 45 degrees.
- The adjustable stainless steel grooved footplate can make stops on 13 positions that ensure a versatile and accurate cutting of the workpiece.
- The angle indication miter has stopped at 60 degrees to the right and 50 degrees to the left. This alignment combined with reverse bevel scale ensure the accurate and easy setting of the bevel angle.
- The dual horizontal steel rails with linear ball bearing turn the saw durable.
- The heavyweight aluminum base with pads makes the miter saw rigid and robust.
- A carbide blade, blade wrench, dust bag, material clamp, and user’s guide is included with the 12” compound miter saw.
- A 3-yr limited warranty is given by the DEWALT.
- Powerful and sturdy.
- Smooth and accurate cuts.
- Easy to control.
- Dust-free work line.
- No laser or LED light.
The DEWALT DWS709 is a compact, lightweight miter saw that offers a variety of cuts for different category of woodworking. The professional woodworker or a DIY craftsman, both can complete their tasks related to wood projects more confidently. The price level is not so sound for all users but the cutting mechanism makes it a unique miter saw. Besides these, the 1-yr free service contract and 90-day money back guarantee to the user provide the tool security against the investment for the miter saw.
Homecraft H26-260L 10” Compound Miter Saw by DELTA Power Tools
The Homecraft line manufactured by the DELTA power tool producing company comes with an inexpensive tool having a wider range of cutting application. The Homecraft H26-260L, a compound miter saw, is such type of power tool that provides a hassle-free tear on tough timber.
The DELTA 10” compound miter saw is designed with an array of modern cutting technology like the electric brake, laser guide, spindle lock, etc. the strong blade guard of teethed carbide blade ensures full safety on cut.
- The lightweight 10” compound miter saw offers easy transportation from room to room even one job site to another.
- It can work vertically on any stands of another miter saw that ensures the flexibility on use.
- The spindle lock helps to hold the loosened nut of the blade and keep the saw secure.
- The blade has the capacity to cut nominal 4×4” and 2×6” at 90 degrees and 2×6” at bevel setting with one pass.
- The ergonomic handle delivers a safe and predictable operation.
- The powerful 14 Amp motor runs with 5500 rpm deals with easy assemble to get cutting straight out of the box.
- The battery-powered laser guide helps to make a precise cutting of the workpiece.
- A 3-yr warranty is backed the miter saw.
- It can make bevels up to 47 degrees with 45 degrees at the right and left and capable to cut the timber up to 6” deep.
- Cheap miter saw.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Powerful and easy to control.
- More precision.
- May comes with some trouble for large stock.
If you want to get a heavy-duty miter saw at a reasonable price, then go with Homecraft H26-260L. You can use it for any commercial wood projects. The blade guard will ensure safety when you work with the 24T carbide blade. The onboard dust collection and dust bag also give you a clean and clear work surface that increase your work efficiency.
Evolution Power Tools RAGE3 10-Inch Multipurpose Cutting Compound Sliding Miter Saw
Evolution one of the leading power tool manufacturing company always comes with multipurpose cutting technology. The RAGE3 is a compound miter saw engineered by Evolution spacially for mild steel. This miter saw is a strong and versatile saw having the capability to cut a variety of work materials. The ferrous (1/4” mild steel), non-ferrous (aluminum, copper, Uni-strut, & reinforced cables), wood, MDF, lumbers and reclaimed wood(wood with nails), plastic and composites can be cut with this RAGE3 sliding multipurpose miter saw.
The advanced design of this miter saw allows quick and easy crosscut with simple storage and transportation. The clear and precise angle setting of Evolution saw blades helps to make a complex and accurate angle cuts for crown molding, picture frames, furniture making and joining.
- The original multipurpose cutting technology of the miter saw offers a minimal spark, burrs, and heat when cutting 6mm mild steel, with an effective end.
- The saw featured with a bevel at 45 degrees, both right and left miter system give 9-positive stops to ensure a range of bevel and compound cuts.
- The sliding mechanism helps to cut up to 11-13/16”× 3” at 90 degrees and up to 8-1/4” ×1-1/2” at 45 degrees angle.
- The laser guidance of the saw increases the accuracy of the cuts.
- The adjustable cutting depth system offers to set the grooves and trenches at the desired position.
- The 15 Amp powerful Hi-torque motor gives a smooth start of the work with 2500 RPM.
- The 24T carbide-tipped tungsten blade provides a miter cut through wood, mild-steel, aluminum, and more.
- The optimized gearbox makes the miter saw more powerful and reliable.
- Evolution’s 3-yr limited warranty is available with the miter saw.
- The dust collection bag with a port plug, extension support bar, and depth setting make the saw capable to give repeated faster cuts.
- The stop clamp increases the cut accuracy and a range of blades turns the saw into a sliding tile cutter.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Versatile cutting application.
- Long-lasting and powerful.
- Ensure a clear work surface.
- No LED for better illumination.
If you want a most durable and versatile miter saw for your workshop then go with Evolution RAGE3. This saw perfectly stands with the commitment of the Evolution. The exceptional motor and versatility of cutting system can meet up all the requirements of both the beginner and the professional cut-worker.
Makita LS1018 10” Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw
The Makita, a power tool producing company, bring a range of miter saw model suitable for different cutting work. Makita LS1018 dual slide compound miter saw is one of them. LS1018 10” miter saw is produced for the general construction site, but it can successfully be used for fine woodworking, carpentry, and more.
The professional contractors, DIY-ers, hobbyists, and beginners are usually using this miter saw to cut on the baseboard, crown molding, wide board crosscutting. Makita LS1018 is also standard for dimensional cutting for framing, deck building. Renovating, etc.
- The powerful 13 Amp direct drive motor needs less maintenance and creates 4300 RPM.
- The miter can move 0-47 degrees left and 0-60 degrees right, with positive stops at 00, 150, 22.50, 31.60 and 450 (both left&right) that makes most versatile for cutting work.
- The arbor size is 5/8”. The 10” saw blade can cut up to 12” at 900, and 8-1/2” at 450.
- The linear ball bearing system allows accurate cuts of the work materials.
- The rare handle bevel lock can reach at 0-450 (left & right) with a positive stop at 00 and 450 (left & right).
- The electric brake, oversized trigger switch, and rubberized D-handle adds better comfort and makes it suitable for any cutting process.
- The aluminum footplate turns the machine more durable and efficient for cutting.
- The see-through blade guard ensures better visibility of blade and cut line.
- Blade wrench, blade, vise, triangular rule, dust bag, extension wings are included with it.
- A one-year limited warranty and 30-day money back guarantee are offered by Makita.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Easy to use.
- More precise cuts.
- Improved capacity.
- No laser guide.
LS1018 dual slide miter saw is little expensive for all types of the operator but the excellent features and cutting quality make it most dependable. The powerful motor ensures a smoother start-up with no belts to slip. Still capable to cut 4”×4” dimensional lumber in one pass. This is an upgraded sliding saw that can handle more rough and large trim than any table saw.
Milwaukee 6955-20 12” Sliding Dual Bevel Miter Saw
The Milwaukee 6955-20 chop saw is manufactured with the demanding features of its user. The sliding miter saw blade can make bevel cuts on both right and left side, need to only tilt the blade.
The digital miter angle scale is an advanced technology that improves the accuracy of the saw. The design of the miter saw makes it more desirable to both the professional and home-based work. The motor is built with constant power technology able to perform better even with rough lumber.
- The miter angle is smoothly adjusted with detent override offers easy precise angled cuts and quick adjustment for the non-square environment.
- The digital miter readout provides perfect angled cut even at 0.1 degrees.
- The dual integrated light creates a bright illumination to see the cutline properly from both sides of the blade.
- A high-powered 15 Amp direct-drive motor with 3.3 Max HP produces enough power to create 3250 RMP for diversified cutting.
- The dust channel has the ability to capture 75% dust generated with the cutting procedure.
- The operational procedure is so simple that one can handle the saw with one/single hand.
- The electronic soft start-up system pushes it to get up with full speed within two seconds and protect the cut line from damaging.
- The dual steel rails with linear ball bearing ensure the smooth sliding action.
- The 5-1/4” tall fence gives extra stability for wider angles on the larger workpiece.
- Milwaukee offers 5-yr limited warranty.
- Powerful and durable.
- Easy to handle.
- More accurate angled cuts.
- A clear vision of the cut line.
- No laser guidance.
The Milwaukee 6955 is quite heavy in weight. This feature limits the working area for the miter saw, where the whole project runs. But it is easy to control the angle cutting procedure even the total miter saw. Though the lacking of a miter clamp may cause little trouble. But it will not be so serious issue if the cutting is to be done carefully.
The Milwaukee 6955-20 does not come with a reasonable price, the cutting control feature satisfied the user of this dual bevel miter saw.
Bosch Power tools GCM12SD – 15 Amp 12 Inch Corded Dual – Bevel Sliding Glide Miter Saw
The Bosch one of the power tool manufacturing enterprise, construct a miter saw GCM12SD 12” with a number of modern cutting technology. The extensive design of this dual bevel sliding miter saw makes it most desired one, to all categories of woodworkers.
The Bosch miter saw 12” has a range of improved cutting mechanism like axial-glide system, superb cutting capability, tremendous adjustment of Bosch GCM12SD parts, high-precision cuts both cross and bevel. These bundle of excellent features turns it into an outstanding miter saw. The dust port of this miter saw can able to collect 90% debris generated with the cutting procedure, yield the best quality miter saw.
- A 15 Amp motor release a strong power to create 3800 RPM that ensure a quick and true cut of the work materials.
- The patented glide system ensures the thicker cross cuts and better alignment with an equal smoothness of cuts, and also save the workspace.
- The crown molding capacity of the saw blade is 45 spring. It has the ability to cut 6-1/2”×6-1/2” on the workpiece with an extended cutting capacity of 14”.
- The GCM12Sd miter saw has a large easy-to-read bevel, a stainless steel miter scale with marked detents and roof pitch angles. The bevel grooves can move 00, 33.90, 450 on both sides help to create a perfect cut.
- The square-lock quick-release fence feature helps to lay the fence 900 to the table that allows no extra adjustment and 1-touch lock/unlock. It also gives strong support for the slide fence. It also helps to maintain precision throughout life.
- The upfront bevel setting offers a quick and easy bevel for a range of work materials.
- The soft grip handle with the dust port and vacuum adaptor gives comfort feeling at the time of cutting.
- A sharp lower guard increases the visibility of the cutline and ensures safety.
- A 1-yr limited warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee backed the miter saw.
- Compact workplace.
- Great precision.
- Easy control over work.
- Clean cut line.
- No laser or LED light.
- High price.
Bosch GCM12SD manual helps the beginner or another operator to use the miter saw with confidence. The space-saving feature gives an assurance to work at any place even in an overfilled area. The price is slightly high for all types of contractors, but the advanced know-how makes it widespread among the woodworkers.
DEWALT DW716XPS Compound Miter Saw with XPS 12”
We see before that the DEWALT product always satisfied their users with the performance of cutting. That’s why we pick another DEWALT miter saw for reviewing. The miter saw we choose is a compound miter saw, the technical name is DEWALT DW716XPS. It comes with different contemporary technology such as XPS system, crown molding installation.
In the XPS cross cut positioning system, the LED light makes an exact line of shadow when the miter saw blade is pull down to create the cut. This line of shadow represents the width and position of cut which has to be made.
The crown installation provides a combination of bevel cut and angle cut at a time, need for the workpiece where two pieces of trim attached at the corner and have to cut at the same time.
- The unified XPS cross cut positioning system with LED light offers a fast and perfect cut of the work material.
- A 15 Amp motor produces an extended power to create 3800 RPM and turns it into the most durable miter saw.
- The bevel scale is highly visible, recommend a quick and easy adjustment for a versatile cut to be made. The bevel scale easily moves both sides from 0-500 angle.
- The blade has a larger vertical cutting capacity of 6-1.2” and the largest nested crown capacity of 6-5/8” with a single plunge.
- At 90 degrees angle with the work table, the blade makes a cut of 8 × 6.5” and at 45 degrees, it is 4 × 6”. The saw allows a repeated cut at a time without any readjustment of the blade.
- The cam lock with miter detent override improves the cutting quality of the miter saw.
- The retractable saw guard and trigger lock-out ensure better safety at work.
- A carbide tooth blade, dust bag, blade wrench are included with the DW716XPS compound miter saw.
- Powerful and durable.
- Accurate cuts.
- Easy and fast control.
- Better illumination.
- Clear cut line.
- Little expensive.
The DEWALT DW716XPS is a suitable miter saw for different kinds of work material. A versatile cut can be made with it and meet up the requirements of both experts and beginners. The price level is high for some extent of customers but the 3-yr limited warranty, 1-yr free service, and 30-day money back guarantee of DEWALT make a better investment of the money for the miter saw.
Hitachi C12RSH2 15-Amp 12-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Miter Saw
If you want an advanced, high-performing, and cheap miter saw then go with Hitachi C12RSH2 dual bevel sliding miter saw. Hitachi always comes with a well-developed power tool to meet up the needs of its users.
The Hitachi C12RSH2 is a small-sized miter saw that not need an extra wide space to work. You can cut a wide range of materials with this sliding miter saw because it offers a versatile application of cutting. The handle design and dual bevel system help to make an easy, quick, and perfect cut with the best comfort.
- The compact slide design accepts easy sliding of the saw head to the work material along fixed rails and a little space to set.
- The laser marker gives an accurate cut line on the work stock when the blade starts to run.
- The miter saw provides an array of bevel cutting with a flexible miter scale.
- The 15 Amp brushless motor produces strong power enough to cut a rough wood material with ease.
- The large sliding fence helps to increase the fence height up to 5-1/8” to make 7-1/2” vertical cut on the crown molding.
- The miter scale has 0-57 degrees angle to the right and 0-45 degrees to the left, give super flexibility of the saw blade.
- 0-45 degrees bevel angle with positive stops and indications allows an easy quick flip of the saw blade and easy to read the measurement scale.
- The vertical handle with elastomer grip allows comfortable control of the miter saw and produces a low level of vibration.
- The 12” 60T carbide-tipped blade, vise assembly, 17mm box wrench, holder, and dust bag are included with the miter saw.
- Compact and powerful.
- Easy to control.
- More precise cuts.
- Steady and sturdy.
- Quite reasonable.
- Not portable.
The miter saw deserve a little space to set for working. Thus it saves the valuable space of any workshop. Low vibration with a clean cut line improved the efficiency of the user. The homeowner or general contractors, anyone can work with this miter saw more confidently. After this, the 5-yr limited warranty turns it into an industry-leading miter saw. Furthermore, 30-day satisfaction guarantee is provided by the Hitachi for the C12SRH2 compound miter saw.
Delta S26-262L Shopmaster 10-Inch Miter Saw
The Delta manufactured S26-262L miter saw with leading-edge design and most suitable for the home workshop. The lightweight Shopmaster 10” miter saw is portable and inexpensive one. The miter saw blade has the capacity to finish a small to rough cutting projects take a long time to complete.
The laser light makes it usable for the DIY-beginners who need to create very fine structures with an accurate end. The electric brake and trigger ensure safety when the operator use this miter saw. The miter saw cut the work material with a teethed circular saw blade, for this, the safety feature is a vital issue for establishing as a well-known miter saw.
- The compact miter saw is easy to move from any job site to another.
- It can cut the workpiece effectively with all miter saw blades.
- When the blade nut becomes loose from the saw or the saw blade is removed after work has done, the spindle lock system provides the security from any damages or accident.
- The saw gas the ability to create a cut 4×4” and 2×6” at 90 degrees angle with a single pass.
- The bevel scale can move from 0-47 degrees angle with positive stops at 0, 15, 22.5, and 45 degrees that come with a versatile bevel cut. A minimal 2×6” cut at 45 degrees is possible with the full bevel capacity.
- It has a battery operated laser system with an on/off switch. This arrangement brings the saw blade into the cutline to make the fine cut of the workpiece.
- The 15 Amp motor produces enough power to create up to 5500 RPM for cutting the tough wood materials.
- The electric brake stops the rotating saw blade within one second the trigger is released.
- A 3-year warranty is backed the miter saw.
- Easy to use.
- More truthful cuts.
- Appropriate for all saw blades.
- No LED light for better illumination.
The Shopmaster S26-262L has the capability to satisfy its users. It's small size and light weight helps the worker to run the saw blade anywhere even in a tight place. If you want a multipurpose miter saw at a low price then choose the Shopmaster 10” to get the best one for your toolbox. The 3-yr limited warranty also secures the best investment for the miter saw.
Hitachi C10FCF2 15-Amp 10-Inch Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw
The last model of the miter saw we review, the Hitachi C10FCF2 miter saw with a single bevel. This is one of the popular miters saw available in the market because of its versatility. Smooth, accurate miters and crosscuts are possible to make on a variety of work materials including wood, plywood, decorative panels, soft fiberboard, hardboard, and aluminum sashes, with the saw blade.
A number of progressed technology are accumulated on this miter saw. These technologies make the saw suitable for soft to tough workpiece to create various cuts more efficiently and provide safety for the operators.
- The 15 Amp motor produces strong power to generate a no of load speed up to 5500 RPM for making crosscuts and miters comfortably for the toughest cutting jobs.
- It has 0-52 degrees miter angle range that can move on both right and left direction makes the saw flexible to cut.
- The 0-45 degrees bevel range to the left with adjustable bevel stops give more precise bevel cuts.
- The horizontal handle with elastomer grip gives a soft, comfortable feeling with a controlled operation that tends to low vibration.
- The large table delivers stable and sturdy support for the work materials and improved clamping system helps to keep the stock in place when the cut is made.
- A large extended flip fence aids the running saw blade elevate up to 4” for cutting crown molding vertically.
- The thumb-actuated positive miter stops system offers easy angle change of the cutting blade to cut the crown molding and other trims.
- The carbon brush access increases the working life of the miter saw.
- The attached dust collector ensures the clean cutline, minimizing the airborne dust particles.
- A 10” 24T TCT saw blade, pivoting flip fence, dust bag, vise assembly, 10mm box wrench, and material support extension are included with the miter saw.
- A 5-year industry-class limited warranty is given by Hitachi.
- More precise cuts.
- Easy to use.
- Clear cutline.
- No LED or laser guidance.
The small-sized lightweight Hitachi C10FCF2 miter saw is appropriate for both home-based and large-scale wood project. Both beginners and skilled person like to use it, due to the easy controlling system with a fine ending of the cut. The C10FCF2 is the supreme tool for trim carpenters, framers, woodworkers, who need precision and consistency for a lightweight, portable miter saw.
Now you have a number of the miter saw from which can pick out your ones. But you have to consider some other things before drawing the last sentence. That’s why we make this buying guide that helps you to find out the best one. When you complete reading this buying guide, you will understand which features are best for your need. And which one will be the best investment for a miter saw.
The things you have to realize before buy a new one are in bellow. Just go with it.
Always we try to buy anything within the budget, we make. But we also know that the well-developed product never comes at a low price. So we have to consider the price level if we want to get the miter saw with the best feature.
There is a bundle of the miter saw available in the market with the different price level. You have to select them based on your project size, not on the price. If the project demands the miter saw that have the ability to absorb a heavy duty, then you have to go with a sturdy one to get the best result. In this case, if you buy a small miter saw with low power at a low price then you never do your job successfully.
So, if you want to get the best investment then go with the best quality miter saw. And keep in mind that it may exceed the budget you imagine.
Power and Motor
When we work or think to buy a power tool, need not to say that the power capacity of this tool plays a vital role, to give the best outcome of our goal. The power of any machine measured in Amps. And we have to sure about the power that the machine produces enough for our project.
We will cut the wood or other materials with our miter saw. So we must have a saw within 10-15 Amp. But a 15 Amp power motor is more popular among the users of the miter saw. Because with 15 Amp motor, small to hard materials can be handled. The low the power, the low the capacity to give a fine cut. So if we want to cut the tough materials, we have to be sure about the power that has the ability to create 3500 RPM.
We already know how the miter saw works. So if you want to complete your home-related small tasks then you can go with the low powered miter saw. But if you want to works on a big project at an industry level then you must have to choose the high power motor to create more RPM.
Besides this, If you want a cordless miter saw then you must select the high longevity battery powered miter saw. If this cordless miter saw gives more service with one charge, will be your best worthy investment for this purpose.
In the market, different sized blades are available and the blade of a miter saw is replaceable. But the size of the blade depends on the design of the miter saw. The size of the blade varies from 10-12 inch with different no. of teeth.
You have to buy your expected miter saw based on the materials that you want to cut with it. Because the length of the blade regulates the height and width of the workpiece that has to cut with the miter saw. If the materials are thick then the blade will be the larger one, comparing with the thin materials.
The teeth of the blade also affect the cutting quality. The more teeth do not give a good result for the thick wood materials. In this situation, you have to select less teethed blade to get a better result. The more teethed blade can give the best result for comparatively thin work materials.
Various cuts are made with the circular miter saw blade. that’s why you have to know about the cutting capacity of the blade. The higher quality saw blade helps you to create the expected cut more firmly comparing with others.
The miter scale having positive stops helps to control the running blade more efficiently. If there are no positive stops in the miter design, it may give trouble to make the angle cut.
Also for bevel, the saw has to be designed to move on both right and left directions instead of any direction, give better performance. If the blade can tilt on both direction allows fine bevel on the work materials. That increases the working efficiency of the blade and also the beginners.
The positive stops on different position and bevel adjustment vary the cutting ability of the miter saw. So when you decide to take a specific miter saw, you have to notice on its design that affects the cutting ability of the saw. Though the miter saw having both of these technologies, have a high price but you have to consider the price level, to get the best quality miter saw.
All power saw generates a certain amount of dust when it makes a cut. The more the rotation, the more the dust. So dust control is a factor to get smooth results of the cutting operation. The dust generates not only create a problem with seeing the cutline but also make a serious problem for the user. It may create irritation on the eyes, skin, and polluted the air that results in a bronchial problem for the worker. So for getting the best quality cutting, the dust-free working area is essential for every workshop.
More or less every miter saw has a dust controlling mechanism. Some of them come with a dust bag preset on the tool. And some has a dust port, clean up the area attached with a vacuum. A lot of miter saw has a dust cleaning area which blows the dust into the basket behind the saw.
You have to confirm that your selected miter saw has an improved dust control technology. It not only ensures better results but also keeps your body safe.
Ease of use
When we use the power saw as a miter saw, it vibrates at a certain limit. It gives an uneasy feeling for the worker. If there have a design to give comfort to the worker, working efficiency must be increased. Many miter saw has a soft grip on the handle that gives a release on work.
The laser light also helps to make a professional cut. There are a lot of miter saw has this facility and some without it. You have to make sure that your saw has this facility that can help you when you have to make the cut. The LED light may also help to create an efficient cut by illuminating the working line with better seeing when the blade runs to make any cut on the materials.
So when you choose the expected miter saw, you have to be careful about that the saw will be comfortable or not. If the miter saw is able to give you a comforting feeling when you do your job then it will come with more success. Because a miter saw with the best comfort comes with a faster cut that makes you a skilled person for the cutting job.
Saw means the blade that runs with the power of an electric motor or the power supplied by any battery. So when we operate any power tool, we work with a running sharp blade that will be dangerous for us. That’s why we need to care about safety for us. There is a lot of miters saw with the safety features, we need to find out them for our workshop. The safety features available with the miter saw are given below.
- The blade guard is the most essential protection for any powered saw. The guard that covered the blade, opened the blade when it works. It may reduce any unwanted situation and ensures security.
- The safety clamps help to hold the work materials steady and locked in place when cutting has to be done. It also helps to create a confident cut on the stock that increases the efficiency of both the miter saw and the worker.
- The electric trigger switch designed with the handle of the miter saw stops the running blade, within few seconds the trigger released and reduces the chance of an accident on work.
- Some miter saw has an electric brake. It stops the spinning of the blade as the power supply is stopped. It causes low chances of any mishap.
- The dust extraction system also ensures the sound working environment by clearing the debris produce with the cutting operation especially when wood materials are used to cut.
- Every corded miter saw feed the power with an extension cord. All cord has not the ability to absorb any level of power supplied from the source. So we need to sure that the cord used for the miter saw has the capacity to grasp the power, need to operate the saw blade.
Even the miter saw is an advanced one, we also need to take some protection, get rid of the injury, may happen at the time of work.
- The eyeglasses, earplugs, safety hand-gloves, musks should wear at working time.
- We should keep our body and hands away from the running machine.
- We should not work in a wet place, try to keep the working area dry.
- At the working time, we should wear loose clothes.
- We should not work in a crowded place.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What’s a miter saw used for?
Ans. The miter saw is a specialized power tool to make a quick and fine crosscut on the workpiece. It is also used for making various angle cuts of the molding and trim. The bevel cut can also be made with the miter saw blade. This saw is commonly used for making cut for crown molding, frames, door framing, window casing, and more.
Q. How does a miter saw work?
Ans. The miter saw works with a teethed circular saw. Three types of cut like cross cut, angle cut, and bevel cut are made with the miter saw.
For crosscut, you have to place the stock on the miter table and locked it with the clamp. Then starts the blade to run and pull down to the workpiece. When the cut is to be made then stops the blade and pull up.
For angle cut, you have to fix up the miter at the specific angle first then make the expected cut.
And for bevel cut, first, you have to set the bevel scale at 45 degrees angle then make it.
Q. What can I cut with a miter saw?
Ans. A variety of materials can cut with the miter saw blade. The miter saw is commonly used for cutting at molding and trims. The miter saw is used to cut on crown molding, making picture frames, window casing, door frames and more. A little sheet of metal can cut with it but it will not be a wise decision.
Q. Who makes the top miter saw?
Ans. There is are many manufacturing company produce miter saw. But DEWALT, Makita, Hitachi, Bosch are the leading company produce the top rated miter saw available in today’s market.
Q. What is the difference between a miter saw and a chop saw?
Ans. Both chop saw and miter saw has some common features but there is a significant difference between them.
A chop saw is larger and powerful than a miter saw. Chop saws are usually used in commercial or industrial purposes where need heavy duty. On the other hand, the miter saw is generally used for home-based woodworking.
A 14” saw blade is used in a chop saw but 10-12” saw blade is used in the miter saw. The miter saw blade can be made crosscut, angle cut, also bevel cut. On the other hand, the chop saw cut only a straight cut at 90 degrees angle.
Related Article: Best Jigsaw Reviews & Buying Guide – 2019
In this modern era, there is hundred of the miter saw available in the market. It makes difficult to choose the right one. But we wish our review guide help you to find out the best miter saw for you.
In this article, you see the top miter saw that can able to serve the best result for cutting your work materials more efficiently than others. Among them, DEWALT 780 is the most popular miter saw to its user. If you are not able to pick it then go with any other miter saw, we pick for you. All of our miters saw comes with more or less same features with the best performance. And also you can get the miter saw in your budget, may a cheap or expensive one. We are trying to present enough choosing options for you.
In addition, the buying guide will give you complete instruction, need to know before buying a new miter saw, results best.