Sometimes known as framing gun or nail gun, a framing nailer is one of the most versatile power tool snow- a- days. If you can use framing nailer properly, it is one of the highest productive tools. By using this, you can do different sorts of work easily and quickly. On the other hand, if you can’t handle this device properly, it can cause lots of injuries. A quality nail gun can fix all the nails in a perfect position.
There are lots of framing nailers in the market; choose the right one and do efficiently all the jobs related to the gun. This tool is the necessary innovation in the carpentry world but similarly quite dangerous if the user doesn’t know how to handle the gun.
This guide that I am going to tell you may be the best way to handle and operate your device correctly.
How to Use a Framing Nail Gun, Step- by- Step:
The step- by- step framing nailer process is bellowed:
Step-1: Using framing nailer safety comes first, the nailing job is hazardous if you don’t know how to use it properly. So, taking the safety precaution should consider first before starting the work.
The following safety measure should we take:
- Make sure that your gun is loaded and connected with the power source.
- Remember that never point your nail gun at anything but the material you want to nail.
- Always keep your finger beside the trigger until you start the device
- Make sure the nailer is empty before using it
- Always use your nail gun with your controlling hand
- Never leave your gun near to the children
- Don’t try to modify your gun.
- Keep the other workers beside the framing area.
- Make sure that the tool is placed appropriately for a framing job.
- Always use personal protection equipment properly like gloves, goggles, hard hats, high impact eye protection, hearing protection.
- Disconnect the device after using the tool.
- Lastly, the user should read the manual properly before using the tool.
Step-2: Put your glasses and gloves: Before picking the nail gun, wear the glasses and gloves properly. Take proper safety precautions before you put your nails in your gun.
Step- 3: Put the nail strip: Keep the magazine where the nail strip needs to keep for use. Usually, this magazine can found at the bottom of the nailer. When the nails are secure, load the nail strip into the magazine, slide, strip in and close the magazine.
Step- 4: Practice shooting the gun: If you are a beginner, then the practice of shooting the gun is essential. Before starting a new job, practice a few nails into old or unused wood or materials.
Step- 5: Place the gun properly: You have to place the gun against the surface where you want to do the nailing job. Then hold the handle of the device comfortably place your hands in a secured position, don’t put then inside the firing zone. You have to close enough with the tool that you can operate efficiently.
Step- 6: Put pressure on the gun: When you are putting pressure on your nailer, remember that don’t use your chest or stomach near to the device. Because you may get hurt or seriously injured, when you shot your first nail, just after that quickly, release the trigger, if you don’t follow the step correctly, you may get hurt.
Step-7: Take the gun away: After nailing, when you have taken the gun away from the surface, you have to check the state of the nail. If you see that the nailing is not flush with the surface, you have to pull the gun away as soon as possible or don’t put enough pressure.
Step- 8: Disconnect and reload: When you have finished the first project disconnect, the framing nailer from the power source before reloading another strip of nails into the magazine.
Why We use a Framing Nail Gun?
Every corner of our house and every season, we have lots of work-related with nailing. So, you have to buy a proper framing nail gun to help you to do your project.
This article can show you the most common five reasons why we should use a framing nail gun?
- For big sale: Spring and summer season are suitable for doing repairing job. All the significant retailers know this necessary information. They want to give you a very high sell price for this coming season.
- No more smashed thumbs: Sometimes, it may happen; if you are nailing it the first time with the hammer, you may smash the hammer down on your thumb. Then the thumb gets hurt; you have to finish your whole project with the painful thumb. It never happens with the air-powered nail gun.
- Faster nail driving: Nail gun can drive the nail within one try. You place the nail gun at the work surface, then hold the gun firmly down, pull the trigger, and you should keep it against the piece during the recoil—no need to check to make sure that all the nails can drive properly.
- Easy to use: Nailers are very easy to use and safe for the users. Because you don’t need to pound each nail more than one time to drive it into the wood, you will get enough time to do other jobs.
- Fatigue: Nail gun is moving heavy than the hammer, but the use of a nail gun is more natural and easy to use over a long period. With a stick, you will generate a massive shock wave. This shock wave will increase the fatigue rate by up to a factor of 5. But the user can use the nail gun only up and down motion with a trigger.
Now- a- days, we want to replace our old small hammer with the latest technology, like framing nailer. Recently the product has been developed so much. But, if the user knows the proper step, how, and why they use the nailer, it is effortless for them to operate this device. So, I think I can make it easy for you to use the nailer comfortably.