I am very much surprised when I can see after some research that I am capable of using this garage and workshop item in my kitchen as well. I just love the idea of making lots of useless pieces more useful after applying this paper.
Sandpaper is an uneven grit size paper, which is using for removing unwanted materials from the surface to make that product smoother. Sometimes you can use this paper to make the surface rougher.
Here I am like to show you lots of interesting uses of this stuff that I have never even think. Some of the methods can make you enjoy also. I am sure that you can find out lots of little jobs also can be done by this object.
So, without degenerative your valued time, you can try these following uses of sandpapers around you:
- Sharpen your Scissors and other cutting objects: Are you feeling discomfort to go with your scissor? Then nothing is alternate to use sandpaper for sharpening your scissor. You can sharpen annoying dull blades also. The sandpaper can remove the sticky items above the scissor or knife.
- Remove Rust from Tools and Knives: If you use the sandpaper, you can get the rusty tools and knives that seem to be new. The question may arise, how to remove the rust? It’s a straightforward process; within a second, you can get the shiny looks of your tools and knives. Just sand down those items with the sandpaper. Don’t forget to give attention that, rough grains can scratch the metals finishing.
- Roughen slippery leather soles with sandpaper: You may fall and get heart when you use a new slippery sole of a shoe. New shoes are dangerous on the slippery floor. So, if you take a little piece of sandpaper and within a little time, rub them across the width of the shoe. This technique can roughen up the shoe and can save you.
- Use sandpaper to open a stuck jar: Sometimes, we cannot open a jar. Don’t worry, within a second, take a small piece of sandpaper, press it grit side down on any hard- to –open jar cap. Sometimes we use a towel or cloths, but sandpaper will give you a better grip.
- Make Non-Carpeted Stairs Safer: Sometimes, you can feel that the outdoor steps are pretty slippery during wet and icy conditions. Take some sandpaper to make a grip at the end of each step. This process can help you to avoid an accident.
- Remove Pills from Upholstery and Clothing: You can remove the pills and bobbles from clothes and woolen dresses with a little grit of sandpaper. Use a little grit and rib lightly in one direction or a circular motion. The sandpaper can nicely handle them.
- Make Your Plants Grow Quicker: If you want to see the faster growth of the tress of your garden, then take a seed and rub-down the seed with sandpaper before plantation. It will take less time to break down the seed and can penetrate the light and water quickly. So the growth will increase more than a regular basis.
- Stop cats from scratching your furniture: If you have a pet cat in your home, and trying to scratch up the furniture, then put stick sandpaper in those areas. They don’t like the feel of the sandpaper. Automatically then learn not to dig in those areas.
- Remove stubborn grout stains with sandpaper: Most of the time in our washroom, we can see stains from shampoo, soap, or other liquid sticky molds that can get stuck over the surface. These liquids can make the grout gloomy and create stains. No other cleaning materials can remove those stains, but sandpaper can.
Fold a piece of sandpaper and rub the gap into the tiles. Be careful about that; don’t run over the tile surface, the scratch mark will generate easily. By using this process, the stains may remove quickly.
- Sharpen sewing needles: Don’t through the used sandpaper. Swing is a difficult task when you have an unsharpened needle. Poking your blunt needles with the sandpaper for mew minutes or twist the needle inside the folded sandpaper will make it sharper as before. So, don’t forget to keep some used sandpaper inside your swing box.
- Holding pleats while ironing: To hold plates in place during ironing is quite difficult. If you put some pieces of sandpaper under each plate and then iron, you can keep the plate in the previous place.
- Removing scuff marks from suede: Are you feeling sad to see the scuff marks on your favorite shoe? Don’t be worry if you have a small piece of sandpaper inside your home. Take a small piece of sandpaper and gently rub the scuff marks. If you want to see the shoe as like before, use an old toothbrush or nailbrush and scrub the plugin a circular motion.
- Maintain Wooden Cutting Boards: Cutting board can produce germs frequently. Naturally, it occurs overnight. So, if you sand your cutting board just one time in a year, you can get almost a new look. Use a small piece of grit sheet and rub the board in one direction. Use some mineral oil on the board to keep the beard shiny and soft.
- Polish Hazy Headlights: If your headlights are looking hazy, without making late take a small piece of sandpaper and apply over the light. Dust and air pollution, exposure to the sunlight can make the headlight yellowish and clouded.With the help of grit sandpaper, the headlight can be shinny.
- Make Your Windshield Wipers Last Longer: If your windshield wiper gets worn, then don’t make late to use the sandpaper. Use fine-grit sandpaper lightly over the rubber blades. That can help you to wipe away the dust, after that, put some petroleum jelly to last longer for more than six months.
- Make an emery board from a scrap of sandpaper: When you want to do your manicure the nail, you must search an emery board or nail filer. If you don’t, no need to be worry; just take a 120 or 150 grit nail paper from the garage and do your job.
- Give Your Dog a Pedicure: The sandpaper is handy to remove the sharp nails of dog or pet cat.
- Remove burnt-on food: When you want to remove the brunt-on food, take a piece of sandpaper and rub it until you can remove it. Don’t try to use the sandpaper on the precious glassware or fine china, because the scratch mars can generate.
- Deter slugs: By using the sandpaper, you can keep your plants safe from the slug. The situation is very worse when slugs are attacking your plants. Cut the sandpaper larger than the base of the pot.
- Remove pen marks from furniture: If you have a little kid, they must draw something on your furniture. But never be tense, if you have sandpaper. The sandpaper can take any spots or marks off from the wooden body. But don’t try this system on polished, it will remove the top coating.
- Make a sensory board or book: To develop your child’s sensory system by making sensory board. For making the board, you can take different kinds of texture like wool, clothes, fur, and Velcro. With these textures, you can add a rough texture using the sandpaper. Cut the paper in different interesting ways like shape, then stick on the board after that, let your child feel the different texture.
- Gingerbread craft: All the children love to play with different shapes like Christmas craft or gingerbread crafts. Don’t through old sandpaper on the basket. Use the sandpaper, cut it on different shapes, use different kinds of bids, and make interesting crafts for your little one.
- Clean Your Pots and Baking Trays: By using the sandpaper, you can remove the stains on your pots and trays. It will look as new as before it looks similar.
- Remove Rough Skin from Your Feet: Removing dead skin by using the sandpaper may sound a little bit unusual. Take small grit sandpaper and rub gently over the rough heel skin. It is very effective. Do this when your skin is dry.
- Use as a Simple Sharpener: When you need a pencil sharpener to sharpen your pencil, but you don’t find out a sharpener, then you can take folding sandpaper to sharpen that pencil.
How to Choose and Use Sandpaper | Ask This Old House
Surprisingly lots of projects benefit for sanding. The above article already shows you different types of natural use of the sandpaper. When you want to do your projects with the sandpaper, try to manage some extra minutes to get the best and creative results.
I am sure that you can consume your valuable time when you use sandpaper, but taking the time at every step that I already discussed, will give you proper satisfaction when you can finish your job, and it looks something different.